Video Tutorial: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch Concertina Card

by Joanne James8. May 2014 14:54

Hello everyone - my second video in a week! I'm cheating slightly, as I actually shot this video weeks ago but haven't got around to editing it until now. I made a lovely concertina fold Mother's Day card a while ago using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch - you can see my original card here - which was based on a similar card made by Julie Kettlewell (you can see Julie's original card here). Having just gone to update my original post with the link to today's video, I realise I didn't mention her in my original post, which was very remiss of me and a complete oversight on my part, as I even mentioned her in today's video. Needless to say, I have now updated the original post!

I love this concertina fold card style - it's great if you need a card that's just a little different. I made another card based on my original one, this time adapting it to a birthday card for a friend of mine who always puts so much thought into cards for others, I thought she deserved something special for her birthday too; here's my latest scalloped tag topper punch concertina fold card:

The dimensions are exactly the same as my original card - there is still enough space to stamp 'happy' on one panel, with 'birthday' spelled out on the subsequent panels leaving the last panel blank for your message (I also stamped a little 'to you!' on this panel, just to complete my message). I also decorated one of the Stampin' Up! Kraft gift boxes with some co-ordinating Gingham Garden DSP to make some pretty packaging for my accompanying gift - finished with a tag made with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch - well, what else?! Here's a picture of both pieces together:

So, if you would like to make a Scalloped Tag Topper Concertina Fold Card - either for the forthcoming international Mother's Day or a birthday card, here's my video tutorial showing you everything you need to know:

If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin' Up! supplies featured in today's project, just contact me or click on the links in the table below to go straight to my online store.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Leslie Markland
Leslie MarklandUnited States
5/9/2014 2:51:26 AM #

I so enjoy your videos and your work is beautiful.  thank you for sharing .

5/9/2014 8:37:02 PM #

Thanks so much Leslie and you are most welcome - great to know people are watching, listening and finding things useful!

Leonie
LeonieAustralia
5/9/2014 3:44:26 AM #

That's wonderful.
I can't wait to get stuck into this project...it's FABULOUS!
Thank you so much for sharing you talent and ideas.

5/9/2014 8:38:05 PM #

Leonie you are most welcome - thanks for taking the trouble to leave a comment, it's great to know people are reading and enjoying my outputs.

Joanne Limoges
Joanne LimogesUnited States
3/11/2016 5:47:21 PM #

What a great idea!  I just made it for my daughter's 10th birthday.  Thank you so much for the idea.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!