Scalloped Tag Topper Punch Easter Egg Box

by Joanne James3. April 2014 21:03

Evening everyone! I promised you a special project today and here it is! Several months ago Stampin' Up! asked me if I would create an Easter box for a magazine commission and that magazine hits the shelves of the newsagents today! The box I created for Stampin' Up! is featured in the April 2014 issue of Prima Baby and Parenting and is part of an extended feature on Easter Family Fun - great things to make and do with your family this Easter. There are cute cakes and biscuits to bake and this fabulous Easter egg box to make:

Here's another shot from a different angle showing a close up of the tag, stamped with the egg from the 'Eggstra Spectacular' stamp set:

Lastly the trio of boxes that the magazine used for the title page of the two-page spread:

Here is my photograph of the title page in the magazine itself - the facing page contains a step-by-step 'how to' tutorial showing how to make it:

The sides of the body of the finished box measures 2" x 2 1/2" which is perfect for a small Easter egg (I used the ones you can buy in packs for Easter egg hunts) but this box could be used for anything small and attractive where you want to give a glimpse of the contents.  If you would like a copy of the tutorial you can see it in this month's Prima Baby magazine - if you live in Northampton, you'd better get to the shops quick though before I buy all the copies :-) I also made a short video tutorial showing you how I made this box - click the link below to watch it:

That's all from me today; back tomorrow with another project; happy stampin'!

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
4/4/2014 2:22:11 PM #

Congratulations Joanne! You really deserve Stampin Up to acknowledge your "crafty"ability. I'm sure this will be the first of many articles they ask you to do.

I really love the box and will be trying to copy it this afternoon - very tempted to buy the scalloped tag punch after seeing how many things you can use it for!

4/4/2014 8:55:20 PM #

Thanks to my biggest fan Smile I'm very pleased with the output and am hoping there will be lots more opportunities in the future. The punch is really versatile - one more for the 'wish list'!

Sue W
Sue WAustralia
4/8/2014 4:35:04 AM #

Hi Joanne, what a sweet little box you've created. I'd also like to thank you for your Box Buster....how fabulous this is takes all the hard work out of calculating......Thank you Smile

4/8/2014 9:59:14 PM #

You are most welcome Sue - thanks for popping by to leave a comment, it means a lot! So glad you are also finding Box Buster a useful tool, happy box making!

judi
judiUnited States
4/15/2014 2:18:31 PM #

Lovely project!  Your directions were fabulous - thank YOUSmile

4/20/2014 11:51:43 PM #

You are most welcome Judi!

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here