Bike Ride Apple Basket Thank You Cards PP415

by Joanne James21. October 2018 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players - yay! It's my turn to host this week and I have a clean and simple challenge for you to work with:

Remember in addition to including an apple on your card, this week is a Clean-and-Simple (CAS) challenge!  What do we mean by CAS?

• Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered

I decided that for my card this week I was going to pair a little of something old with something new and create a bunch of thank you cards - take a look:

A Basket Of Apples - My little basket of apples comes from the Bike Ride set and is cut out with the Build A Bike framelits. This little image works in its own right - not a bike in sight on today's card! It is super quick and easy to stamp as the leaves and apples and basket all have solid images to be stamped to fill in the colour quickly and easily - great for clean and simple cards.

Thanks A Bunch - I layered my basket on a set of layered ovals, with a sentiment from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set. Ok, so this stamp was designed to work with flowers, but I think it works for apples too!

Buffalo Check Background Made Easy - I know I'm using it again this week, but can you tell I'm loving the new Buffalo Check background stamp? I went with a straightforward single colour stamped image in Granny Apple Green to contrast with the apples - it reminds me of a picnic table cloth!

Having completed my full-size card for today, I decided to run off a whole bunch of these using the same design, in both a red and green colourway, to use as my customer thank you cards this month - here are two of my finished cards:

I actually think I prefer the balance of the size/shape of the oval on the lightly smaller card - what do you think? Either way, I like this design so much I think I'll run off a set of co-ordinating bag tags too!

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I will be spending mine with a lovely group of ladies on the second day of our weekend residential craft retreat - more about that in tomorrow's post! Until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
10/21/2018 6:25:11 PM #

What a sweet set of cards! I really like that buffalo plaid too..I love all plaids actually.....lol! So cute in the red and green.

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
10/22/2018 7:25:33 PM #

Those bright checked backgrounds are very appealing. I like the way you've paired up bits from different sets to create a cohesive and pretty whole. Isn't it great the way SU sets work together like that?

10/23/2018 2:48:31 PM #

Love these...either size, but I do love note cards, they're such a great size!  You can do buffalo check in any color and I will LOVE it!

elisa
elisaChile
10/24/2018 9:41:24 PM #

fresh and pretty card
congrats Joanne
thanks for your comment in my blog
have a nice day

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
10/25/2018 11:55:06 PM #

What sweet cards, Joanne! The Buffalo Plaid stamp created the perfect backgrounds for these simple baskets of apples.  Hmmm...Granny Apple Green or Poppy Parade? Decisions, decisions...they are both awesome!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
10/26/2018 2:53:07 PM #

Joanne, I cannot make my mind up whether I prefer the green plaid background or the red!  Great challenge this week and I love that little basket of apples - especially against the plaid.  Reminds me of an autumn picnic in an orchard.  Fabulous
hugs
jayvee

sandym
sandymUnited States
10/26/2018 5:30:31 PM #

What a cute little basket of apples, Joanne! I love the background too, so hard to believe it is stamped. Thanks for a great challenge this week!

10/26/2018 11:32:33 PM #

Joanne, I thought this was a very fun challenge!  Great for Fall!  Your I love both of your cards!  Your little basket of apples looks delicious!  Love the buffalo checked background!  Granny Smith's are my favorite, so I think the green one is my favorite!  When I taught, I ate one every day!.  Need to get back go the habit!  Have a great weekend, My Friend!  XX

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
10/27/2018 3:57:37 AM #

You had my attention with Buffalo Check! Loved he challenge this week! <3

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!