Halloween Scenes in Orange and Green

by Joanne James9. October 2016 10:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the super-talented Sandy to host this week and she has a great fall/Halloween-inspired colour palette for you to work with:

TWO WEEK - Paper Craft Crew Sketch 214!    You are invited to play along with this weeks sketch.  Open to ANY products.  www.papercraftcrew.com

Having missed Claire's Halloween themed challenge last week, I decided to take Sandy's colours and use them for a fun Halloween card this week; take a look:

I also used this week's sketch over at The Paper Craft Crew's Challenge for my layout. Here's the low-down on today's card:

A Halloween Scene - I used my Spooky Fun stamp set and co-ordinating Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies to create the spooky scene on my card. I used my Layered Circle Framelits to cut a Whisper White circle for my oversize moon, then used the spooky tree and witch framelits to give my scene structure. I just love that tree - it reminds me of the whomping willow in the Harry Potter books!

A Wicked Witch - I decided to use the green on my card for the sentiment banner and the witch - after all, aren't all wicked witches green?! I stamped it in black on to Wild Wasabi cardstock and then coloured in some of the detail with my black Stampin' Write marker.

Background Detail - I used the wash stamp in the Perpetual Calendar stamp set for the orange detail on my card base beneath my strip of Halloween Nights designer series paper and added in a couple of spooky fun bats, some sequins and silver metallic thread to complete my card.

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Linda Callahan
Hannelie Bester
Colleen Begley

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with this week's colours.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
10/9/2016 8:30:48 PM #

Cute Halloween scene! I love that silver thread...such a fun detail. I went with a Halloween card this time too.

Have a great daySmile

10/9/2016 8:43:07 PM #

Great minds think alike...I love how you used this sketch and I LOVE the witch stamped on the Wild Wasabi cardstock!  CUUUUUUTE!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
10/9/2016 11:38:26 PM #

Love it, Joanne!  The green witch is my favorite part of this card--that is brilliant.  I really do love that tree too and your layout is just perfect.  Glad to see you again this week and hope things have settled down for you!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
10/10/2016 1:10:11 AM #

Such a fun Halloween scene!  I love how you stamped the witch on green!

sandym
sandymUnited States
10/10/2016 9:37:01 PM #

Such a fun Halloween card, Joanne! That tree die cut is fabulous and your card has so many interesting details!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
10/12/2016 2:43:24 PM #

Joanne, I love the little scene you created and stamping and die-cutting the witch on green cardstock was a genius idea.  Fabulous take on the challenge
hugs
jaydee

Super Stamp Girl
Super Stamp GirlUnited States
10/12/2016 5:53:50 PM #

FABULOUS take on our sketch this week, Joanne!  It's spooky-awesome!  I'm a Halloween freak, so this just really caught my eye!  Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week!  xo  Crystal

Colleen Begley
Colleen BegleyUnited States
10/14/2016 11:07:57 PM #

This is one great Halloween card. Love your composition and layout, Joanne. Also, the clever way you've added the touch of green in with the mostly black and orange. Very creative.

10/14/2016 11:38:42 PM #

Hello, My Friend!  I love the green behind the witch!  That is genius!  Your little scene is spooky and fun!  A perfect sketch for your card!  XX

Kim Skinner
Kim SkinnerUnited States
10/16/2016 1:33:51 AM #

I love the green witch!  How whimsical!  Beautiful card...Thank you so much for playing along at the Paper Craft Crew this week.

Pam Staples
Pam StaplesUnited States
10/16/2016 2:10:57 AM #

Joanne, LOVE the Halloween card and the Green Witch is awesome!  Great job with all the elements of the card. You definitely rocked the sketch.  Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew and we hope to see more of your creations in the future on the challenge.  ~Pam, DT

Tenia Nelson
Tenia NelsonUnited States
10/18/2016 3:17:53 PM #

LOVE this card, Joanne!! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew!!

Tenia

Terri Walker
Terri WalkerUnited States
10/18/2016 5:49:40 PM #

Super cute Halloween card idea. Thanks for sharing on the Paper Craft Crew site!

Deborah Smart
Deborah SmartCanada
10/18/2016 11:31:44 PM #

I love the added touches of green on your card, Joanne! (it's a great colour for a witch!) Perfect hallowe'en card.  Thanks for joining us for the Paper Craft Crew challenge.  ~Deborah

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!