Snowflake Wishes Hexagonal Shaker Box and Matching Christmas Card PP520

by Joanne James6. December 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's my turn to host this week and I have a timely theme challenge for you to work with:

19 days to go and yes - it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, so that is my theme this week! You can share your gifts, cards, packaging - we would love to see your festive makes! I love to make co-ordinating cards and gift packaging at this time of year so I have one such set to share with you today. My post is photo-heavy as I'm going to share both a Christmas card and a rather fancy matching gift box using products from the Snowflake Splendor Suite. I even have a video tutorial for you!

First up - here's my Christmas card, with the hexagonal aperture cut using the So Many Snowflake dies:

I added some diecut snowflakes painted with Frosted White shimmer paint and finished with those pretty Balmy Blue adhesive-backed gems and a pretty Pool Party sheer ribbon bow, with a simple sentiment and snowflake decoration on the inside of my card:

Check out the effect of those faceted gems - so sparkly!

This card was a variation on one I made in my monthly card class featuring the Snowflake Wishes bundle a few months ago. I liked the card so much, I decided to make a matching box, using the same hexagonal aperture and the Stitched Nested Label Dies from the annual catalogue. I made a simple birthday gift box using these dies previously (you can see that box here if you missed it) and have been wanting to make a video tutorial to show how it was done, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Here is my finished box closed:

And this is what it looks like open - the lid and base extend beyond the sides of the box and the top slides off to reveal the inside:

I wanted to step up my box so instead of simply creating an open aperture on the lid, I added some acetate and created a shaker, filled with snowflake sequins and glitter - check out  this out - it's not only the sentiment that's full of sparkle:

I added some Snowflake Splendor designer paper to the sides of my box lid and wrapped and tied it with more of the Pool Party sheer ribbon, to tie it in with the detail on my card - you can see that better below:

Rather than detail exactly how I made this project in words, I thought I would make a video tutorial should you wish to have a go at making one yourself - so here it is:

I am just in love with this set; the box isn't huge, but will hold small gifts such as chocolates, jewellery, a scented candle - lots of options! Here's a final photo of my projects together:

I would love to know what you thought of my video tutorial too; was it useful? Would you like to see more of this type of content. Do let me know - I would love to hear your thoughts!

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I started writing Christmas cards whilst at hockey yesterday and am hoping to crack on with those this afternoon to get them in the post tomorrow, which will be a huge achievement! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
12/7/2020 1:58:49 AM #

So stunning!  Your box is amazing!  Love the details.

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
12/7/2020 6:37:23 PM #

Fab!  I'm ashamed to confess that I still haven't used this set.... yet!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
12/7/2020 7:09:16 PM #

This is a beautiful set! LOVE the soft colors and pretty snowflakes!!!

12/8/2020 3:02:51 AM #

Wowza...this knocks my socks off!  Such a beautiful creation...the shaker alone is stunning but to add it to the lid....can't wait to watch your video!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
12/10/2020 2:38:09 AM #

Wow! Wow! And WOW! What a gorgeous card and shaker box! I am definitely going to watch your video!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
12/11/2020 3:37:42 PM #

Definitely going to have a go at this one!  Really like this little box!!  And the matching card is perfect! Smile

12/11/2020 11:06:01 PM #

Joanne, there are not enough descriptive words to tell you how much I love this card and shaker box!!!!!!  The color combo is so beautiful and if I received a gift in this box, I don't think I would ever open it!  I would just sit it out and look at it and pick it up and shake the sequins around and smile!  I love all the pretty snowflakes, too!  Your challenge is amazing and you outdid yourself this week, My Friend!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
12/12/2020 4:49:29 AM #

Oh, Joanne, this card and gift box set is absolutely stunning! Love the frosty feel with the light blue and pretty snowflakes but wow, what a clever gift box, and a shaker as well!!  So clever and beautiful! Love, love, love this!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
12/12/2020 5:06:43 AM #

Not only is your card beautiful but that shaker box is the perfect pairing! Love the sparkly details and the serene color palette. This was such a fun challenge!

Jaydee
JaydeeUnited States
12/12/2020 8:23:55 PM #

Joanne, the card is fabulous - but the box... it is EVERYTHING!  I love the soft blue, white and silver - the more muted color theme allows those snowflakes and that shaker to shine.  GORGEOUS
hugs
jaydee

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current April hostess code:

3XTNB243

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!