Have A Hoot Halloween Card

by Joanne James27. October 2020 08:00

Today I'm sharing a card inspired by the photo inspiration over at Fusion that is also well timed for the last-minute Halloween crafting over at TGIF Challenges:

I couldn't get to grips with the angled line of the sketch, but I love that inspiration photo and whilst I don't really send Halloween cards, I wanted to get some use out of the Halloween owls in the 'Have A Hoot' stamp set so set to work:

I decided to have a go at another sponged background, so took a variety of purple inks and gradually built up the layers to create my spooky night sky. I splattered it with water and then white frosted shimmer paint to complete. I used the tree from the  'Life is Beautiful' for my woods, stamping from both sides, then stamped my owl onto a partial circle and aligned the trees so that it looks as if the owl is in the trees, highlighted by the moon.

A heat embossed 'boo!' completes the outside of my card, with a further greeting on the inside:

So what do you think of today's card? Even if Halloween isn't your thing, I'd love to hear what you think of my sponged background.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
10/28/2020 4:40:29 PM #

Oh my that is a gorgeous purple night sky!  Beautifully done!  I love how the owl is peeking at the spider!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
10/29/2020 8:49:30 PM #

What I think of the sponged background is that I love it - it's just my kind of thing. Great idea to flick some shimmer paint on - it adds a lovely element to your night sky.

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
10/29/2020 9:50:16 PM #

I absolutely LOVE your sponged sky, Joanne! It is so gorgeous and together with the trees and the cute owl, make a fabulous Halloween card!  Congrats on your win at Fusion, definitely well deserved!

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
10/29/2020 10:33:52 PM #

Amazing....I cannot seem to get the hang of sponging as well as this....this works for the challenge photo perfectly!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
10/31/2020 6:52:29 PM #

the depth of the purple on your card is just gorgeous!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!