A Retro Snowman Season Double for CC&S345

by Joanne James4. November 2019 20:00

Today marks the start of a busy week with the first of my monthly classes, so I've a quick post to share a couple of cards inspired by the CAS Colours and Sketches challenge this week where it's a double featuring both a sketch and colours:

This is a great sketch and it just so happens that I still have two of these three retired colours, so substituting the current Balmy Blue for Bashful Blue I set to work and came up with a couple of cards using my favourite 'Snowman Season' stamp set. Here's the first one that I created for the challenge:

A little bit of snowflake tone-on-tone background stamping and a stamped image, coloured with a combination of Blends and Stampin' Write markers and a blender pen, along with a sentiment banner all from the same stamp set and anchored with a couple of snowflakes cut using the Seasonal Layers dies to finish my card. I liked this card so much I created a slightly stepped-up version that flipped the base and mat colours around and included a swirly embossed layer to my card base, along with a retired snowflake embellishment:

Honestly, I'm not sure which one I prefer - here's a photo of them both together, do feel free to leave me a comment below with which one gets your top vote!

Here is the visual summary of the key current products used on today's project for you to pin for easy reference:

Right that's all from me today - I still have a few things to do before I rest up for the evening so must dash! Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with more news and another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/5/2019 12:04:45 AM #

Beautiful in both incarnations! Love the little snowflakes stamped in behind on the darker one.

11/5/2019 2:31:23 AM #

This is super duper cute!  I saw those colors and just drew a blank!  Your little snowman is delightful in these colors, and your shading behind him is perfect!

YoonYoung Kim
YoonYoung KimKorea
11/6/2019 2:36:24 PM #

What a perfect take on the sketch and colour together. The background stamping of snowflakes are really nice. I love the smile on the snowman!!! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
11/6/2019 6:02:35 PM #

It's the dark background one for me! I love the tone on tone stamping and I love the die cut snowflake anchoring the sentiment strip. That little snowman is such a cheery soul isn't he?! Vicky x

Patricia H.
Patricia H.United States
11/7/2019 5:06:40 PM #

It's a tough call to say which card I like better, but I think the sugarplum mat brightens up the snowman image better than the darker blue mat.  Either way, you've made two terrific cards!  Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S!  Smile

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: