Sorry For The Loss of Your Furry Friend - One Layer Pet Sympathy Cards

by Joanne James25. February 2019 08:00

The James Juniors are back to school today following the half term break and I am here with a nice early post for you! Today I'm sharing a card that combines a few challenges: the current challenge over at Less Is More where it is one layer with the focus on sentiment and the current CASology challenge. My card also fits the photo inspiration at Fusion:

It's something of a happy accident that I am combining each of these in today's card - it just so happened that I had an idea that works for all three - and I have two cards for you! I decided to create a couple of pet sympathy cards; first up, a dog one:

I also created one for a cat lover too that is exactly the same design, just mirrored:

Here's the low-down on today's cards:

Sorry For Your Loss - I recently spotted this card on Pinterest and loved the clean lines created by the fun punch art idea and monochromatic colour scheme. It inspired me to think about using a similar idea to create a one-layer card using the same 'Sorry For Everything' stamp set - such a great set where you need a sentiment to take centre stage and useful for lots of different circumstances, including the loss of a furry friend.

Cats And Dogs - I used a retired Sweet and Sassy Framelit heart, along with a punched cat and dog respectively, to create a mask through which I could sponge my heart. By using a different colour to the sentiment, which I stamped in black, it gives the illusion of another layer and whilst I didn't use the punches directly on my card, the silhouette created by the negative space makes my furbabies easily identifiable.

Crossing The Rainbow Bridge - My colourful heart whilst perfect for the Fusion rainbow photo was actually inspired by a blog post a couple of week's ago by my Paper Players teamie and committed dog lover Ann Schach. As any of you who follow my blog will know, I am relatively new to the idea of pets having never had one as a child. Ann made this card for a friend of hers that was going through a tough time and she mentioned one of the things her friend was having to deal with was the loss of a pet, which she described as having 'crossed over the Rainbow Bridge'. I thought this was a lovely idea and so tried to incorporate the idea of a rainbow by sponging one into my masked heart, with a little purple heart to accent each pet. I really love the effect - what do you think? I also carried the rainbow theme onto the inside of my card with a set of rainbow footprints around my sentiment, that is courtesy of the new 'Happy Tails' stamp set:

A fitting sentiment for this kind of card I think and the rainbow colours are really uplifting. So two cards inspired by others in lots of ways, yet unique to me. Do check out the respective challenges for lots more inspiration.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

karen h
karen hUnited States
2/25/2019 2:30:40 PM #

Oooooh, the feels. These are beautiful cards! Love the effect from the masking & inking. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Janet
JanetUnited States
2/25/2019 3:11:50 PM #

Love your negative images in the hearts. Simply beautiful idea for the sentiment. Thanks for joining in the fun as CASology this week.

Joyce
JoyceUnited States
2/25/2019 7:59:05 PM #

These are all wonderful pet sympathy cards.  Love the masking and inking.  Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

2/27/2019 3:50:21 PM #

What a great way to highlight all these sets (and colors) to create pet sympathy cards!  They're beautiful and uplifting!

Barb Ghigliotty
Barb GhigliottyUnited States
2/27/2019 6:25:29 PM #

Absolutely beautiful cards, Joanne! Your crisp, clean design with a pop of color from your rainbow, is just perfect! What a lovely sympathy card for animal lovers, too!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Sharon
SharonPortugal
3/1/2019 11:49:31 PM #

Two really beautiful cards for a sad occasion. Using the die with the animal punches to create that frame was a brilliant idea and I love that you filled it with a rainbow colour as it gives so much hope. Beautiful cards. Thank you so much for popping them in to us at Less is More xx

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
3/2/2019 2:44:30 AM #

Oh Joanne, these are really beautiful although for such a sad occasion. I love how you incorporated the colors to represent the “rainbow bridge” as well. I might have to make a few of these for the cat rescue I work with. Thank you for once again sharing your beautiful inspiration.

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
3/2/2019 10:59:14 PM #

Wow this is beautifully done!  The inked hearts are gorgeous!  Love these cards!  Glad you shared them at Fusion!

Anita
AnitaUnited Kingdom
3/4/2019 10:32:33 PM #

I love these, Joanne.  So thoughtfully executed with the silhouettes and the colours to indicate rainbow bridge.  I know how grateful I was to receive a couple of cards when I lost my furbaby a few years ago so I know the eventual recipients will treasure these.  Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

3/7/2019 3:18:27 PM #

Congratulations on the Big WIN!  Love your furry friends!  XX

Barb Ghigliotty
Barb GhigliottyUnited States
3/7/2019 9:28:30 PM #

CONGRATS on your well-deserved win at Fusion, Joanne! Your cards are sure to be deeply appreciated by the recipients...just WOW!!!

novestis kasack
novestis kasackUnited States
7/22/2019 1:51:50 PM #

Toller Artikel...

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current March hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.

Sale-A-Bration 2nd Release

Sale-A-Bration just got better - see all of the new products you can earn FREE with a £45/£90 order by clicking on the image above.