Spooky Fun Halloween Notelets

by Joanne James27. October 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

It would be fair to say I struggled big time with these colours this week! I couldn't get away from the idea of Halloween, yet making them work was definitely a challenge! I ended up making two cards and I must confess I'm not completely happy with either of them! That said, I'm sharing my notelets with you anyway - here's the first one:

And here's the second one:

Both use a combination of the challenge colours and the Spooky Fun stamp set and co-ordinating Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies. The second one also includes a sentiment from the 'Suite Seasons' stamp set and a background created with the spots stamp in the 'Perpetual Calendar' set, along with a sentiment banner on each. Each would be quick and easy to create, although first time around they took me longer than I would have liked!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day - we are off to Brick Live to play Lego all day, a James family passion! Hope you enjoy your day too and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
10/27/2016 12:32:26 PM #

I can completely sympathize with you when it comes to this challenge! I had the hardest time putting these colors together as well! I think we're too hard on ourselves, though. Both of your cards are really cool! I actually like the one with all the dots! Great job, my friend!

Sharon Burkert
Sharon BurkertUnited States
10/28/2016 3:34:20 AM #

This was a tough challenge for me too!  When I saw your card I thought why didn't i do Halloween?!?  It was a perfect choice and your cards are great.  I am always envious of the way you work with the thread.  It always looks so good.

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
10/30/2016 7:03:43 PM #

You did a lovely job on both cards.  I especially love how you used the plum in the first card...looks like a creepy night sky.  Great job!

Tracy may
Tracy mayUnited Kingdom
11/1/2016 8:03:01 AM #

I wouldn't have thought you struggled with this colour scheme looking at your cards! I love them both! I especially love the second one though! It's fabulous! I think that background with silhouettes is such a fantastic idea and I will definitely be caseing it! See you at Telford! 😊

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
11/1/2016 11:15:53 AM #

Wow!  I love both your cards, but the one with the dots is so striking and different!  I struggled to do anything BUT Halloween thinking everyone would use them.  Great job with the color challenge this week!

Current May hostess code:

UCPTF3WM

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.