Blooms and Wishes Best Wishes Card

by Joanne James26. July 2016 07:00

There are some great sketches out in blog land this week and for my card today I was inspired by this rather lovely one from the team over at the As You See It Challenge:

AYSI #139

I saw those flowers and thought it was the perfect opportunity to get out my Blooms and Wishes stamp set for some 'random' stamping - take a look:

Blooms and Bliss Colour Combo - The trio of colours I chose for my card today all appear in the Blooms and Bliss Suite and in particular the designer series paper of the same name, so I was drawn here for the colour scheme for my card. Again I chose to use a bold, patterned base for my card rather than one of the floral papers; it's is great for a background as it doesn't interfere with the detail of the focal image and the watercolour-like flecking adds a softness to this otherwise strong colour. Here is my colour combination today in case it's one you would like to save for use at a future date:

Blooms and Wishes - I stamped my floral panel using the sketch as a guide and using the co-ordinating Blooms & Wishes stamp set to create an almost watercoloured effect. I used a combination of both first and second generation stamping for the colours to add depth and overlapped the flowers slightly too, finishing some with pearls and fussy cutting a single flower and centre to anchor my sentiment panel.

Sugarplum Bow - I added a single bow out of 3/8" Ruched Ribbon in Sweet Sugarplum as per the sketch; I was a little unsure about this act of randomness, but I think it works. One thing is for sure - this ribbon is gorgeous with a wonderful texture and makes bow tying a doddle!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another card - this time for Christmas (it pays to be organised!); until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
7/26/2016 10:17:36 AM #

What a beautiful card, Joanne. I agree with you that the sketch suits this stamp set perfectly and the bold non-floral paper is a good contrast to the floral panel. Love the watercolour effect of your gorgeous bouquet. The little bow is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining us at As You See It.

LeAnne
LeAnneUnited States
7/26/2016 2:45:59 PM #

I was just thinking this morning that I need to use Rich Razzleberry more often, and wondered how it would look with Sugarplum....and tada!  Here, you prove to me that it is beautiful!  What a wonderful creation using this sketch too!  I love this sketch!

amy
amyUnited States
7/28/2016 3:33:23 AM #

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AYSI, good luck!!! Amy DT

Heather Cooper
Heather CooperCanada
7/28/2016 5:19:54 AM #

I do love that colour palette, Joanne, and I have already saved it for future reference! This design was a lovely take on the sketch and caught my eye right off the bat! Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It Challenges!

Jane Knudsen
Jane KnudsenUnited States
8/1/2016 2:36:43 AM #

What a lovely card!  Those colors are so beautiful and I love the design you achieved with them!  Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Current July hostess code:

PTWMKJED

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here