Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle All The Way!

by Joanne James22. November 2014 07:00

It's the weekend - yay! Today I'm sharing my card for this week's challenge over at the Merry Monday Card Challenge, where Sue has the following challenge for us this week:

Hmmm - bells! These designers are really keeping me on my toes this week, as this is another one of those where investigation of my extensive supplies led me to conclude not a single bell image, die cut or embellishment of any kind! Not to be beaten, I decided it was time to think laterally; the obvious choice was to run to my e-cutter, but instead I thought I would try and create some jingle bells using punches. Here is my finished card:

I had the urge to create something really glitzy today, so chose a plain background of Garden Green and decided on gold glimmer paper for my bells. They were surprisingly easy to make: I punched a 1" circle, then punched a star out of the top half. I punched two small circles with my crop-a-dile on the bottom half and used my paper snips to create the openings. Lastly, I punched a round edge using my 1 3/4" circle punch, adhered it to the centre of my bell and trimmed the ends. I also created a couple of gold bell hooks, but you can't really see these beneath the ribbon. I layered these onto my card base, popping one on a dimensional for a little lift, then finished with a rather extravagant bow. This red satin ribbon curls so beautifully I couldn't resist - even though this card is SOOO impractical for mailing!

My sentiment is a combination of the die cut using my Little Letters thinlits to spell 'jingle' and backed with Real Red cardstock, and the 'all the way' from the Mingle All The Way stamp set, which I selectively coloured with my Garden Green marker.

I'm also entering this card for the challenge over at Less is More where the theme this week is aptly 'Jingle All The Way', although I have another card planned with a slightly different slant for later in the week and it didn't occur to me that this one probably fits the theme slightly better!

I'm really pleased with my shiny jingle bells - what do you think? I'm off for my usual Saturday of sport today; back tomorrow with my Design Team card for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players. Until then, happy stampin'!

Deanne @ Three Trees
Deanne @ Three TreesCanada
11/22/2014 3:40:46 PM #

Gorgeous!!  Love the gold glitter bells!!!!  Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne Smile

11/22/2014 11:05:48 PM #

Thanks Deanne - you are helping me get through my Christmas cards nicely!

Kristie
KristieUnited States
11/22/2014 4:50:45 PM #

How very creative of you to make your own bells out of punches.  They look so real.  Gorgeous card!  Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

11/22/2014 11:07:00 PM #

Thanks Kristie  - I was really pleased with how my bells turned out, you ladies are certainly keeping me on my creative toes with your challenges!

Bobby
BobbyUnited States
11/23/2014 12:58:56 AM #

Thanks for commenting on my card, Joanne.  I had to come take a look at yours, too.  How clever of you to make your bells with punches.  It's a  lovely card.

11/26/2014 10:15:01 AM #

Thanks Bobby - glad you like my card and so kind of you to pop by and say 'hi'!

Marie Bingaman
Marie BingamanUnited States
11/23/2014 2:22:08 AM #

I think your bells are excellent!  Great card! Smile

11/26/2014 10:15:53 AM #

Thanks Marie - sometimes you just have to get creative - either that, or buy more stamps lol!

Brian King
Brian KingUnited States
11/23/2014 11:21:32 AM #

I love everything about this card, Joanne - from the cropped letters to the beautiful bell.  Love how you used the Mingle all the Way stamp, too!  Thanks for playing along with this week's Merry Monday challenge.

11/26/2014 10:16:28 AM #

Thanks Brian for your lovely comments and for popping by - so glad you liked my card!

11/23/2014 2:20:02 PM #

I LOVE everything about this card!!!!  The sentiment, the bells and oh that bow!  XX

11/26/2014 10:17:14 AM #

Thanks Claire! I love the bow too - that ribbon is so smooth and shiny, once I'd used it on one project, I just want to use it on everything!!!

Ineke
InekeNetherlands
11/23/2014 5:02:57 PM #

Hello, Love your card !
greetings from the Netherlands
!neke

11/26/2014 10:17:50 AM #

Hi Ineke - so glad you like my card! Thanks for popping by to leave such a sweet comment.

Pauline A
Pauline AUnited Kingdom
11/23/2014 11:02:59 PM #

Lovely, loving the garden green paper. I must get some x

11/26/2014 10:18:57 AM #

Me too Pauline. I didn't think I was going to get over the discontinuation of Gumball Green, my all-time favourite Christmas green, but the more I use Garden Green the more I like it!

Katie Melhus
Katie MelhusUnited States
11/24/2014 3:48:36 AM #

Crisp, clean and lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

11/26/2014 10:19:18 AM #

Thank you Katie - so glad you like my jingle bells card!

Lori Turner
Lori TurnerCanada
11/24/2014 6:13:18 AM #

This card is adorable! I love that you improvised and made your own bells!!  WTG! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!!

11/26/2014 10:20:05 AM #

Needs must Lori - it was either that, or buy more stamps!!! Smile Such a dilemma ...!

Susan Joyce
Susan JoyceAustralia
11/24/2014 9:23:45 AM #

Fabulous CAS design Joanne, great card.  Thanks for joining my challenge this week at Merry Monday.

11/26/2014 10:21:47 AM #

Thank you Susan - this was a great challenge this week and pushed me to come up with something really creative, which is always fun! Thanks for the 'Honourable Mention' too - I'm thrilled to get into the picks this week!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
11/27/2014 11:50:19 AM #

this is super stunning Joanne - love everything about it.
Bold, classy, sparkly, CAS and those bells
PLUS would love to know how you manage to get your ribbon curled like that whilst photographing.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

11/27/2014 9:17:13 PM #

Thanks Sarah for your lovely kind words! The ribbon curls really easily - I just put a couple of glue dots under the spirals in the middle and at the end of the ribbon, this was enough to hold it in place.

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
11/27/2014 11:33:52 PM #

What a great jingle card Joanne... super twinkly bells!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Tiya-B
Tiya-BUnited States
11/28/2014 4:14:31 PM #

what a great idea to create your own bell, and its beautiful too, great card.

anne
anneUnited Kingdom
12/3/2014 8:56:34 AM #

Sorry to be so late visiting you this week, what a super card Joanne and how clever to make the bells!
Thanks so much for entering the LIM Challenge
Anne
Less is More Designer

Current May hostess code:

WG4Q4WQV

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.