Winter Wonderland Snowflakes Christmas Card

by Joanne James21. November 2014 07:00

Today's Christmas card uses the somewhat unconventional festive colour scheme over at The Challenge paired with the current Retrosketches layout for inspiration:

I decided to create another snowflake card using the Endless Wishes set, along with a few of the stamps in the Project Life December Wonder set that I happened to have out on my desk. This is such a great set, and not just for memory-keeping. Take a look:

A Pink Pirouette base with a mat of Rich Razzleberry for a pop of colour, then a selection of snowflakes stamped in pink and grey and interspersed with some Razzleberry stars. I added a few rhinestones for a little sparkle and decided to use my sentiment from the Project Life set, stamped and framed and cut out with the co-ordinating framelits and popped up on a couple of dimensionals. Very simple, but quite pretty and super quick to put together.

Back tomorrow with another Christmas card with some fun punch art; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Karen Day
Karen DayCanada
11/21/2014 3:01:17 PM #

This is really pretty, Joanne - great take on the sketch, too!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/22/2014 11:08:16 PM #

Thanks Karen - whilst unusual, the colour scheme does seem to work for snowflakes! This sentiment is going to be one of my favourites too.

Kimberly Wiener
Kimberly WienerUnited States
11/25/2014 3:45:34 AM #

LOVE the clors and the delicate snowflakes so crisp and CAS!!!  That set is perfect for this challenge, GORGEOUS!!!  Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!! -Delighted that you did!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/26/2014 10:23:41 AM #

Thanks so much Kimberley - I love these colours for a slightly non-traditional Christmas card!

Nancy Salkeld
Nancy SalkeldUnited States
11/29/2014 2:31:44 AM #

Very elegant card and great use of our color challenge!  Thanks for playing The Challenge!

Lesley E. Croghan
Lesley E. CroghanCanada
11/30/2014 7:18:23 PM #

This is so pretty! Love the snowflakes!

Veronica Zalis
Veronica ZalisUnited States
12/1/2014 4:24:00 AM #

Snowflakes are my favorite! This is a beautifully stamped card! Thank you for playing along with The Challenge!

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!