Autumn Wooden Elements Colour Block CAS Thank You Card

by Joanne James16. November 2014 07:00

It's Sunday and time for another challenge over at The Paper Players, where this week Ann has a clean and simple challenge with a 'thankful' theme for us:

Inspired by the leaves in our challenge badge this week, I decided to use up a few more of my much-loved Autumn Wooden Elements and create a colour-block card using the colours over at Colour Q (substituting for the closest match in my collection) - I'm also linking up with Catherine & Cathy Creates where the theme is 'thankful for fall'. Here is my card:

I used a base of Old Olive, then matted the front with a piece of Whisper White that I had stamped in the corner with my 'thanks' sentiment from Another Thank You in Chocolate Chip. I then took a piece of Old Olive and I added 4 panels to it, one each in Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Old Olive.  I then lined up my Fall Fest Framelits and cut a shaped edge, that mirrors the shape of the wooden leaves. This panel was adhered to the base using dimensionals - this allows the wooden leaves to fit right into the shaped edge - here's a closer look:

To finish, I added some Early Espresso baker's twine across the top and tied it in a bow. A super-CAS card using some fun techniques. Do pop by The Paper Players challenge blog to check out what the other designers have come up with this week - there is great inspiration there, as always.

We are having a quiet sport-free weekend this week; both James Juniors have been poorly this week and we are keen that they recover themselves enough to survive the rest of what is a busy half-term for them. We do have a little treat in store this afternoon though; I'll let you know well it's received tomorrow!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Yapha
YaphaUnited States
11/16/2014 3:55:51 PM #

Those wood leaves are fabulous, Joanne! Great card!

Andrea W
Andrea WUnited States
11/16/2014 4:03:48 PM #

Excellent way to highlight the wooden leaves. Lovely card Joanne!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
11/16/2014 4:33:34 PM #

Fabulous, Joanne! Clean and striking! This is the most creative use I have seen for the wood elements! How clever!

Pauline A
Pauline AUnited Kingdom
11/16/2014 5:39:58 PM #

Great idea x

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
11/16/2014 5:50:36 PM #

I love how you used the wooden elements... what a great idea!

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
11/16/2014 9:50:52 PM #

What a great card, Joanne! Love the color blocking, what a perfect way to incoporate the challenge colors, and the way you fit the leaves on the bottom of each panel is brilliant!

Sylvia
SylviaUnited States
11/17/2014 6:45:31 AM #

Lovely card, Joanne, love the leaf die cut border and the wood leaves! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
11/17/2014 4:42:34 PM #

Simply but effective - lovely card.

Claire A
Claire AAustralia
11/18/2014 2:12:58 AM #

I love how you've created the die cut edge - so clever! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

Kim Heggins
Kim HegginsUnited States
11/18/2014 3:43:36 AM #

This is one fabulous card...I love your sweet wooden elements, just perfect. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
11/20/2014 1:14:31 AM #

Joanne, this is BRILLIANT!  Love your use of the framelits and the wooden leaves--they look so cute nestled snug into the negative space.  GREAT job!

11/21/2014 1:17:21 PM #

Just WOW!  You are a genius!  Love the border you created!  The wooden leave looks fabulous and the color blocking is so fun!  XX

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
11/22/2014 11:40:34 PM #

Joanne, the use of the clean wooden elements at the bottom of your bold bright stripes is genius.  A stunning card.  CAS perfection
Hugs
Jaydee

Kaitlyn Zumbach
Kaitlyn ZumbachUnited States
11/24/2014 4:03:01 PM #

What a great idea of making a little puzzle with the framelits and wooden elements! Love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Catherine & Cathy Create!

Current July hostess code:

PTWMKJED

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here