Fall Fest Halloween Pumpkin Card

by Joanne James27. October 2014 20:19

Happy Monday everyone! I've had a fun day today: made today's blog card first thing, caught up with a friend who's been away for a while, then spent the afternoon with the lovely ladies that attend my monthly card class - there can't be a better way to start my week! I tell you, those ladies are an absolute hoot and there are some real artists amongst them for sure (yes Chris, the reindeer was inspired!!) Pictures to follow on my Facebook page!

We used the Endless Wishes stamp set in my class today, but today's blog card is back on the theme of Halloween - I need to get the use out of my Halloween sets before they get retired for another year! I took my inspiration from the photo over at Fusion, but didn't double up and use their sketch too (I might have another go at this later in the week) - instead I used the rather interesting layout over at Pals Paper Arts:

I knew I wanted to use orange with a touch of black and definitely needed to incorporate the pumpkin in the photo - this is what I came up with:

I used Sahara Sand for my card base, and used a piece of the Motely Monsters DSP that is covered with happy smiling pumpkins as my first angular layer. For my top piece, I used a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock and cut out a pumpkin shape using my Fall Fest framelits, so that the DSP beneath would show through. I then stamped another smaller pumpkin is Crushed Curry onto Whisper White, stamped a face in Memento Black, cut this out with a framelit, tied it with a piece of linen thread and adhered to the edge of the open aperture. I popped this whole section onto dimensionals to give a little extra lift and depth. To finish, I stamped my sentiment from 'Good Greetings' in Memento Black onto the base of my card.

I hope you like today's card; back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Beth Beard
Beth BeardUnited States
10/28/2014 2:26:53 AM #

So very cute! Love the little pumpkin. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

10/28/2014 8:42:26 PM #

Thanks Beth - I've a feeling we will all be seeing lots of pumpkins this week!

Mike
MikeUnited States
10/28/2014 4:11:38 PM #

Joanne, this is one of my favorites!  Love the negative space showing the DSP!  So clever!

10/28/2014 8:44:43 PM #

Cheers Mike - it's fun to play around with negative die cuts sometimes, it can result in some fun results!

Kelly Griglione
Kelly GriglioneUnited States
11/3/2014 9:12:36 AM #

Oh how interesting! Love that your negative pumpkin is a different shape than your positive pumpkin die cut. Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Lynn
LynnUnited States
11/5/2014 11:15:28 PM #

I love the duo pumpkins. So sweet!   Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Current May hostess code:

UCPTF3WM

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.