Fresh Prints Mixed Bunch Card

by Joanne James4. June 2014 10:13

Well Sunday's summer sunshine was definitely short-lived; the grey of yesterday has turned into steady and continuous pouring rain so far this morning - yuk! Still, today's card for the CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge will cheer you up I hope; this week it is a double challenge to use both the sketch and colour palette:

Firstly, a quick thank you to the ladies over at CAS for choosing me as one of their winners last week (you can see my winning card here). Someone I asked me recently how I get on with my challenge entries, as I don't often post the outcome here. I sometimes post a win on my Facebook page but the one place I try and keep track of all my wins is my Pinterest board here - so if you're ever interested to see my growing badge collection, pop on over and take a look.

Anyway, onto today's card! I used a piece of paper from the Fresh Prints DSP stack as the inspiration for today's card - these stacks are great and I'm so pleased that there are going to be some new ones appearing in the forthcoming new annual catalogue. Here is my card:

I love this Orla Kiely-inspired pattern - it always reminds me of flower stems, so it seemed appropriate to use a statement flower as my focal point in place of the arrow on the sketch and what better than that old favourite, Mixed Bunch (staying for next year's catalogue - hurrah!) I used Coastal Cabana for my card base and layered my DSP strip on a mat of Real Red cardstock. I then stamped my flower in Real Red ink on Whisper White, punched it out with the co-ordinating Blossom punch (got to love a matching punch!) and backed this with another flower punched from Baked Brown Sugar cardstock, which I offset slightly so that you could see it through the gaps of the petals of the top flower. I finished my flower with an in-colour Boutique Details in Coastal Cabana; it's not often I dip into my pot of these, but it provided the perfect finish to my bold flower here. Lastly, I added my 'Yippee Skippee!' sentiment from the stamp set of the same name in red to the card base.

A clean and simple card that could be used for lots of occasions and brings the challenge colours together nicely. I am also going to link my card up with the challenge over at 'Less is More' this week where the challenge is to use two different stamp sets; pretty good, considering there are only two actual stamped images on the whole card!

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Jen Nelson
Jen NelsonUnited Kingdom
6/4/2014 6:30:10 PM #

fabulous
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

6/5/2014 11:20:38 AM #

Thank you Jen  - glad you liked my card.

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
6/4/2014 8:40:59 PM #

Beautiful stamping and such amazing sunny and cheerful colours
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

6/5/2014 11:21:20 AM #

Thanks Sarah - a bold flower makes such a nice statement, don't you think?

Margaret
MargaretUnited Kingdom
6/4/2014 9:34:06 PM #

Lovely CAS card Joanne
Margaret x (Guest Designer LIM)

6/5/2014 11:21:34 AM #

Thank you Margaret.

karen h
karen hUnited States
6/4/2014 10:05:12 PM #

Wonderful card - love the pattern paper choice...perfect for the floral focal! Thank you for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

6/5/2014 11:22:12 AM #

Thanks Karen - paper and flower are I think the perfect match! Great sketch and colour combo this week.

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
6/6/2014 7:29:58 AM #

Joanne love the colours you used, super card!
Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More
Anne LIM Designer

6/6/2014 11:01:06 AM #

Thanks Anne - nice and simple this week!

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
6/6/2014 10:00:07 PM #

This is just lovely Joanne!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

6/7/2014 9:27:08 PM #

Thanks Chrissie - glad you like it!

Louise
LouiseUnited Kingdom
6/9/2014 10:44:55 AM #

Fab card, love the bold flower and the perfectly matched DP. I always wondered how to use this sentiment...now I know, it looks great here!Thank you for doing The Double at CC&S

Louise xx

6/9/2014 8:38:42 PM #

Thanks Louise! I know what you mean about the sentiment - I added it here, thinking this card would work as a little 'happy note' for one of my team to say 'well done' for achieving a personal goal, a kind of 'yay'!

Current April hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.