Monochromatic Purple And To The Point!

by Joanne James5. May 2014 21:17

It's so nice to have an extra day added onto the weekend; a bonus day of family time and today with the added extra of a visit to some friends to see some of the cutest tiny black Labrador puppies EVER (no we didn't bring one home, although I think Rebecca was tempted to smuggle one out in her pocket!)

Today's card was initially inspired by the unusual sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch this week:

I played about with a few ideas for this sketch and eventually settled on the following card:

I decided to make the swirl into a path of colour from my pencil, which is one of the stamps in the 'Making a Point' hostess set. I created a mask then sponged three blended shades of purple (Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum) to create my swathe of variegated colour. I then stamped the sentiment only from the pencil stamp directly onto the card base and stamped the pencil onto a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock, coloured with the same shades of purple and a blender pen, and cut out with my paper snips and mounted at an angle on dimensionals.

I'm also linking my 'Clean and Simple' card up with the challenge over at Less is More this week where the challenge is to use either three colours or three shades of one colour and The Card Concept where the challenge is to use monochromatic purple on your card.

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Wendie Waldman
Wendie WaldmanUnited States
5/5/2014 11:02:40 PM #

Love this!

5/6/2014 4:09:27 PM #

Thank you Wendie!

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
5/6/2014 7:19:19 AM #

Joanne this is gorgeous, v. impressed with the stencil you made!
Thank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
LIM Designer

5/6/2014 4:10:13 PM #

Thanks Anne - took a few attempts but I thought it would make a nice CAS card - think I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
5/6/2014 9:32:48 PM #

Oh, this is wonderful! Fabulous take on the sketch!

5/6/2014 10:48:01 PM #

Thanks Leigh - an intriguing sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch this week, but still with so many possibilties!

Kay Miller
Kay MillerUnited States
5/7/2014 8:31:15 PM #

Oh how clever , creative and FABULOUS!! Love this card!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! Smile

5/7/2014 9:50:57 PM #

Thanks Kay - so glad you like it! It reminded me of those rainbow pencils I used to have as a child.

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
5/10/2014 1:59:04 PM #

I'm sorry that my visit is SO late, a new laptop and getting to know new systems slowed me up somewhat!
This is superbly CAS...love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

5/10/2014 8:45:21 PM #

Thanks Chrissie - I think I'm finally getting the hand of the CAS thing! Hope your IT is all sorted now; we rely on our tech so much, yet I don't have the first idea of how it all works!

Current April hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.