Mr & Mrs Wedding Card CCMC301

by Joanne James4. May 2014 20:57

I have a few wedding cards to make for a number of forthcoming nuptials and when I saw the sketch over at Create with Connie and Mary this week I knew it would be perfect for one of the cards I had in mind. Here is this week's sketch:

My wedding card needed to be Whisper White, Marina Mist and silver as I wanted it to reflect the wedding stationery which had been made by the mother of the bride a good friend and customer of mine. Here is my card:

It is very simple as I wanted my silver heat-embossed 'Mr & Mrs' to take centre stage and I layered my centre panel on dimensionals on a piece of brushed silver cardstock, both of which were cut out using the labels framelits. I turned the sketch around through 180 degrees, as I wanted my embellishment to be a silver glimmer butterfly and it looked better top right than bottom left and I used a piece of silver taffeta ribbon to create a band around my Marina Mist mat. Very simple but like the original wedding stationery, very elegant and with just a hint of sparkle.

If you'd like to see more great design inspiration for this sketch, check out what the CCMC design team have been up to - there are some great interpretations over there this week.

Back tomorrow with another card;; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , ,

Cards | Stamping | Weddings

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
5/5/2014 2:47:34 AM #

What a beautiful and elegant card. Love that little silver butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

5/5/2014 10:18:04 AM #

Thank you Lisa! Great sketch this week for both simple and more complex designs.

Deb
DebUnited States
5/5/2014 4:59:35 AM #

So very pretty! What a beautiful and elegant wedding card! Love the shimmer and sparkle! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

5/5/2014 10:18:55 AM #

Thanks Deb! I had a clear idea of what I needed to incorporate for my card and the sketch provided the perfect backdrop.

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
5/5/2014 4:20:48 PM #

Very clean, simple and elegant.  Love all the silver sparkly details.  Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

5/5/2014 9:17:45 PM #

Thanks Lisa - so glad you like it!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
5/6/2014 10:14:15 PM #

Gorgeous wedding card; so elegant in its simplicity!  I like the sketch turned as you did to fit your needs.  Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

5/6/2014 10:45:14 PM #

Thanks Margaret - I fiddled about with the sketch and then it dawned on me - flipping it worked a treat!

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
5/7/2014 1:27:16 AM #

Simple and elegant!  LOVE that little sparkly butterfly...just perfect!  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

5/7/2014 9:52:12 PM #

Thanks Mary! Missed a few weeks of playing along as life got in the way, but I enjoyed this week's sketch very much.

Melissa L Davies
Melissa L DaviesUnited States
5/7/2014 2:15:21 PM #

LOVE how this is kept simple so the silver can take center stage! Thanks for joining us this week in the sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

5/7/2014 9:52:47 PM #

Thanks Melissa - I'm really pleased with how this card turned out, for all its simplicity.

Nicole Tugrul
Nicole TugrulUnited States
5/7/2014 2:23:51 PM #

Beautiful wedding card!! I love the clean design and the way you flipped the elements to the right side.  Wonderful job!   Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!!

5/7/2014 9:53:34 PM #

Thanks Nicole - I just had to flip the sketch, the butterfly looked all wrong when it was on the bottom!

Debbie Henderson
Debbie HendersonUnited States
5/7/2014 11:27:16 PM #

So rich & elegant looking with all the silver and I love the addition of the butterfly! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

5/8/2014 10:39:32 AM #

Thanks Debbie - a great challenge!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.