Happy Birthday Snail CCS 402

by Joanne James12. January 2021 13:00

It's Tuesday and time for a new challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches. Today we have a sketch challenge and Jeanne has asked that we use any non-geometric shape. Feel free to flip or rotate the sketch when making your card.

For my card today I decided to make another card using the 'Snailed It' set. I know I used this set last week for my CC&S card too, but I just couldn't resist another outing (don't worry, if you're not a snail fan I have something different in store for my challenge card next week!) These snails are just perfect for a clean and simple card - take a look:

Snailed It - For today's card, I used the alternative snail in the 'Snailed It' set, who instead of bearing snail mail comes bearing gifts - of the birthday kind! I coloured him using my Stampin' Blends markers and took the inspiration for my colours from the other elements of the suite.

Snail Mail - I decided to create a recessed panel from the horizontal line of the sketch that is both spanned by my birth!day snail and home to a narrow strip of Snail Mail designer paper on the panel below. It's a rare thing to use designer series paper on a clean-and-simple card, but used sparingly and to accentuate a specific design element, such as the recess, and with a clear pattern element, it can be used to great effect (as I've shown here, even if I say so myself ;-) )

Art Gallery Birthday - Lastly, the sentiment from today's comes from the Art Gallery stamp set. This set is so, so beautiful and contain some of the most amazing florals, but is also home to some fabulous basic block-type greetings, which are perfect for clean and simple cards.

And that's it - clean and simple, done!

Enjoy your day; today both James Juniors are officially 'back to (virtual) school. I was fully anticipating getting some of my desk jobs ticked off, but so far I have had a steady stream of interruptions from each of them, who are both on breaks at different times and are requiring attention of one form or another, even if it's just real-life human interaction. Something tells me home-schooling is not a route to peace and quiet ... or productivity, or at least not for me anyway! Sanity aside, all being well I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
1/12/2021 2:17:23 PM #

Haha, I'm not such a fan of snails in my garden, but this gorgeous monopod is such a cutie I'll make an exception for her! Love your happy colours and your border of icons Smile Vicky x

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch
Shannon Lorenz-HatchUnited States
1/12/2021 4:03:38 PM #

This little guy just cracks me up! Super Cute. He has no idea how truly he does represent snail mail these days! (I won't tell him if you don't). This set is so cute, it screams "Use me all the time!" Great card.

JulieP
JuliePUnited States
1/12/2021 4:33:00 PM #

This is so colorful and cute!!!  I love that strip of paper.  You colored that little guy perfectly.  Great card!

Jeanne
JeanneUnited States
1/12/2021 4:48:17 PM #

This little slow guy is too cute.  Great idea to use just a small strip of paper and recess it.  Works beautifully with the sketch!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
1/12/2021 7:21:26 PM #

clever design - really cute card

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
1/14/2021 12:30:26 AM #

What a darling card.

YoonYoung Kim
YoonYoung KimKorea
1/14/2021 1:00:05 PM #

Cute, cute, cute!!!! I love the idea of adding the designed paper behind the snail.

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/14/2021 8:04:01 PM #

Well, well, well... there I was trying to work out how you'd sponged around all those small stamped images - that were lined up so perfectly - and then I find out that the Queen of DSP has done it again! Very cleverly done. This is a great CAS card.

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
1/15/2021 2:51:21 PM #

Joanne, I got this set in the post yesterday and made a card with it and your fabulous CAS take on the paper and your fun colored snail makes me want to ink up my set again.  CAS perfection, my friend
hugs
jaydee

1/16/2021 1:15:54 AM #

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this fun card!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.