Walk In The Woods Get Well Soon Card

by Joanne James11. January 2021 15:14

Today I'm sharing a card that I made yesterday using the current colours over at Color Throwdown and this week's Freshly Made Sketches sketch:

I love the palette of browns and rust over at Color Throwdown and though they would be the perfect colours to try out a stamp set that I've had on the shelf for a while but not yet inked up. Using the long and skinny layout of Jen M's sketch (albeit with a few liberties in terms of layering my images) this is what I came up with:

Walk In The Woods - I love the woodland images in the 'Walk In The Woods' set and I was tempted to try some no-line watercolouring with them, but decided instead to colour them with my Stampin' Blends markers. I fussy cut my hedgehog and popped him up on dimensionals in front of the toadstools.

Tasteful Textile - Once I'd coloured my images, I added some texture to my stamped layer by running it through my Tasteful Textile embossing folder, which adds a lovely look and feel. Because I was making a longer slimline card, this required two passes through my diecuttting machine, one from each end of the cardstock, but the random embossing pattern meant this was easy enough to do as I didn't need the embossing to line up in any way. Hopefully you can see the subtle texture a little better below:

Everything Will Be Okay - I used this sentiment from the same stamp set as I needed a 'get well soon' card, but it would be useful for other occasions too - even just to cheer someone up on a dreary winter day - and we have plenty of those at the moment, right?!

School's out for the day so we are going for a quick walk to blow off the cobwebs before it get's too dark. Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
1/11/2021 10:24:14 PM #

that's such a sweet card

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
1/12/2021 2:19:18 PM #

This is a masterclass in tasteful neutrals Joanne! Love the cute images and the subtle texture. Vicky x

Susie Moore
Susie MooreUnited States
1/12/2021 8:03:03 PM #

What a gorgeous card! You are really an artist!! Thank you for joining us at The Color Throwdown this week.

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/14/2021 8:06:10 PM #

I've never gone in for slimline cards but this one's lovely. The browns really work well with both the subject matter and the sentiment. The double matting of the main panel is a triumph, as the two colours tie the whole design together.

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
1/16/2021 3:59:27 AM #

Just adorable, Joanne! The neutrals just pop on the clean design. Once again, you have convinced me to add another stamp set to my next order.

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current April hostess code:

3XTNB243

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!