Hippo Happiness and Wishing You A Warm and Toasty Cool Yule

by Joanne James23. November 2020 11:00

Today it's Monday and the start of a new week! I've had a Paper Pumpkin craft along with some of my lovely customers, putting together our 'Joy To The World' kits already this morning and now it's time for today's creative post! I'm sharing a couple of cards for a couple of challenges. The first of these is a card using Narelle's cute sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and the colours at CAS Colours and Sketches:

The CAS Colours & Sketches colours intrigued me and I made my card in a landscape format to accommodate my slightly longer sentiment and took a short break from creating Christmas cards to make a  quick birthday card - take a look:

I kept it simple and used block colours for my background squares and stamped a little hippo from the 'Hippo Happiness' stamp set in Basic Grey on the central one with a stamped flower that I fussy cut and added behind her ear. I then added a sentiment and finished my card with an equally punny sentiment inside:

My second card uses the colours over at Color Throwdown and the current layout over at CAS(E) This Sketch:

After last Friday's post where I declared that I find myself avoiding Rich Razzleberry as a colour these days, I saw it was one of the trio in the Color Throwdown colours this week and loved the combination with aqua and vanilla, so reached for it to create another Christmas card - take a look:

A bold banner of purple and a rather snazzy hat and scarf combo to adorn my skating polar bear, but the real star of this card is the lovely snowflake-embossed Pool Party Panel that sits behind him and adds a lovely element of texture:

I fussy cut the polar bear to finish, but that is no real hardship - it's quite easy to do with some sharp paper snips.

I'll be back again shortly with another post with notice of the 'Merry and Bright' 24 hour flash sale that starts at 10.50pm tonight, so check back for that - you won't want to miss it! Until then, happy stampin'!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used - Card 1:

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used - Card 2:

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch
Shannon Lorenz-HatchUnited States
11/24/2020 12:12:47 AM #

oh how I love that sweet, adorable, cuddly hippo! Love how you brought together the colors for this challenge. Thanks so much for joining us again this week at CC&S

Broni
BroniUnited States
11/24/2020 2:01:05 AM #

Such great cards!  I love that polar bear!!  Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
11/24/2020 2:51:15 AM #

Your skating bear is just so darn cute and he totally rocks the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
11/24/2020 11:32:01 AM #

these are both lovely!  Really fresh - please stop tempting me to spend more money...!!

Holly Lau
Holly LauUnited States
11/26/2020 3:31:33 AM #

Such a cute card! Love the design and thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

YoonYoung Kim
YoonYoung KimKorea
11/26/2020 11:58:13 AM #

Super CAS and cute!! Love both Hippo and Polar bear. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/27/2020 4:10:46 AM #

Very cute cards, Joanne. I like that they're sweet cards that would be very easy for a card-maker of any level to mass produce.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.