There's No Place Like Gnome Faux Embossing Christmas Card

by Joanne James5. September 2020 20:30

Today I have a quick post to share a card I made that was inspired by the following challenges:

I was totally inspired by the CASE The Designer Challenge over at Global Design Project this week and actually CASEd Kayla's card twice (I'll hopefully share the second one with you tomorrow); for this card I used the Colour Dare's red, white and blue colour palette and combined another of those cute Gnomes from the 'Gnome For The Holidays' set with one of the little houses from the Home Together Dies to create my faux embossed background - take a look:

I thought these houses would make a cute background to compliment the 'no place like gnome' sentiment, especially with the little heart cut outs. I paired these with a label from the Hippo and Friends Dies and a variety of red, white and blue ribbons and twine to decorate my card. The little hearts from the centres didn't go to waste - I used some of them to add to the inside of my card for a little extra border decoration:

Creating a faux embossed background using diecuts is a fun alternative way to use your dies. I'm also linking today's card up with the team over at SUO Challenges where they are all about dies and punches this week.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Steph Mortimer
Steph MortimerUnited Kingdom
9/6/2020 11:31:32 AM #

Love your card! The faux embossed background is super and I love your gnome! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
9/6/2020 6:08:08 PM #

Loving the faux embossing Joanne - must remember that. The gnome is a little cutie too and I love that you've embellished with ribbon in such a fresh way. Vicky x

Heather Heroldt
Heather HeroldtUnited States
9/6/2020 8:25:27 PM #

Who knew the gnome could be so perfect for such patriotic colors??  Love the way you created that background, too, and your little collection of ribbon scraps!  Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
9/6/2020 9:13:54 PM #

What a great background! Fabulous combination of sets and this gnome is even winning me over with his red, white and blue theme and magician's hat! I think you've done a perfect job of CASEing too.

Cindy Coutts
Cindy CouttsUnited States
9/7/2020 7:03:57 PM #

Adorable! Love the background die-cut houses you made! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com and we hope that you join us again!

Michelle Loncar
Michelle LoncarUnited States
9/8/2020 7:33:21 PM #

I love your card! You can't go wrong with a gnome! Your faux background is very nice. Great way to use our colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Susan Renshaw
Susan RenshawAustralia
9/20/2020 6:13:27 AM #

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
<a href="colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/">; Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges</a>
<a href="http://susanrenshaw0404.blogspot.co.uk/ ">Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!</a>

Vandra Stenton
Vandra StentonAustralia
9/20/2020 9:16:44 AM #

I love gnomes. Cute for Christmas cards and I like how you used the ribbons underneath the heading. Thanks for entering your card into the colour dare challenge. Hope you can join us again soon.

Suzanne Reynolds
Suzanne ReynoldsUnited States
9/21/2020 9:30:54 PM #

Great background for your Christmas gnome... so adorable. Love the layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!