Snow Place Snowmen Family Large Christmas Card

by Joanne James3. November 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a sketch for you:

I saw this sketch and immediately saw ... snowmen! Take a look:

Snow Place Like The Front of a Christmas Card - Apologies for the pun, but these snowmen - and women - definitely deserve to be showcased on the front of a Christmas card. 'Snow Place' is such a fun stamp set with infinite dress up possibilities for the snowmen and penguin in the set. What's more, the co-ordinating Snow Friends Framelits Dies make cutting out the shapes easy-peasy.

Go Large - Bigger is not always better, granted, however to accommodate my snow family of five I needed more cardfront, so I decided to make my card A5 size (21cm x 14.9cm) instead of a more standard A6. This allowed me enough room for my mats and layers, without my family needing to jostle too much for a space on my card.

A Pattern Surprise - Do you recognise my patterned paper? Are you wondering where I found my seasonal snowfall? This paper isn't from one of the festive seasonal packs at all; it's actually one of the patterns in the Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper. As with many of our DSP packs, the reverse of the feature papers often has a more repetitive pattern with spots, stripes or solid colours. This gorgeous mix of navy and white papers hides this spotted pattern which makes perfect snow. The moral of the story? Always check both sides of your papers and don't assume that because a pack isn't designed with Christmas in mind, there won't be a hidden gem that is perfect for your card.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's sketch; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
11/3/2016 2:30:50 PM #

This snow family is PERFECT for this sketch! I love the dotted background paper too. It's such fun to see a product used in a way that's unexpected!

11/3/2016 3:32:52 PM #

I love your snow family, Joanne!  The polka dot paper makes for a perfect snowy scene, too!

Jennifer Downey
Jennifer DowneyUnited States
11/4/2016 2:40:47 AM #

Your snow family is just adorable! Great idea for this week's sketch!

Tracy may
Tracy mayUnited Kingdom
11/4/2016 8:58:23 AM #

I love your family of snowmen!! Really cute. Great card Joanne

Colleen Begley
Colleen BegleyUnited States
11/4/2016 10:58:56 PM #

One of my favorite Christmas stamp sets and dies, and you kicked it up a notch. I love your little snow people family. Super cute, Joanne!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
11/5/2016 1:14:11 PM #

What a fun card with the family of snowmen!  Perfect for Christmas greeting!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
11/9/2016 2:01:31 PM #

LOVE your snow family!  This is just the "coolest" card!  The navy background just sets it off perfectly, too!  Great job with the CCMC sketch this week!

Sharon Burkert
Sharon BurkertUnited States
11/10/2016 6:39:29 AM #

Your snow family is so cute!  Love it!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.