by Joanne James25. June 2016 22:42

I had a lovely day yesterday in my memory keeping workshop with a lovely group of mums, however was utterly worn out last night! I've had a busy day today however I'm squeezing in a quick post this evening with a sweet card I made this afternoon for a couple of challenges:

I love this week's Mojo Monday sketch and knew immediately what I wanted to do with it; my card today also features one of my favourite new designer series papers - perfect for this week's challenge over at SUO Challenges where this is what they are asking us to use. Here's my card:

Thank You Beary Much Baby Bear - I was lucky enough to win this coveted Baby Bear stamp in a prize patrol at Onstage in April and whilst I've used her lots and experimented with different colours and techniques, this is the first time I've shared her on my blog. She is a triple-layer stamp and has such wonderfully textured fur, just like an old fashioned traditional teddy bear. I find it easier to stamp the images in reverse to get better alignment - here I've stamped layer 3 in Soft Suede, layer 2 in Soft Suede stamped off once and layer 1 in Crumb Cake stamped off once.

Affectionately Yours - The Affectionately Yours designer series papers are just lovely; the copper embossed papers are very special, however my favourites are the prints that include Night of Navy - they are so different to anything we've had in a while, and I just love the vibrant colours. My choice today was deliberate, both to tie in with my Crumb Cake teddy bear and also because I had a plan for those flowers - read on...

Not Just A Tree Builder Punch - I decided to add a punched flower necklace to my bear, along with a flower pinned to her head (hence her being a female bear) that would echo the print on the paper. I used the little flower on the Tree Builder Punch to create my embellishments - just the right size to pretty up my bear - and I added a few pearls to the centres to complete them.

I'll be back tomorrow with another project for this week's challenge over at The Paper Players; until then, happy stampin'!

Lori
LoriUnited States
6/27/2016 2:36:39 AM #

How sweet!  Love how you added the little flower necklace to the bear image.  Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
7/2/2016 10:41:45 AM #

Your little bear looks so cute and the card features the papers beautifully. So glad you joined the fun at SUO.

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
7/2/2016 2:23:03 PM #

Oh, this is so adorable!! Love your sweet bear with the flowers and the use of the new DSP!  Thanks for sharing with us at SUO-Challenges Smile

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
7/2/2016 7:53:22 PM #

Ahhh, you are pulling me over the edge to get that set!  With two new grandbabies coming soon, I'm sure I could find a use for it!  Darling "necklace" of flowers on it, and looks so great with that floral background!  LOVE it!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

Karen Barber
Karen BarberUnited States
7/4/2016 12:04:13 AM #

PERFECTION!!! I LOVE IT!!!  Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!!

Current July hostess code:

PTWMKJED

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here