Bear Hugs - Papa Bear Gone Fishin'

by Joanne James14. April 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

This colour combination left me stumped for a while, until I decided that Soft Suede would be a good colour for a bear - take a look:

The low-down on today's card is as follows:

Papa Bear - I stamped my Daddy Bear from the 'Bear Hugs' stamp set in Early Espresso on Soft Suede card stock and cut him out using my Big Shot and co-ordinating Bear Hugs Framelits, curving his arms in slightly so that he could 'hold' on to his fishing pole.

Gone' Fishin' - The 'Bear Hugs' set comes with lots of fun embellishments; I decided to go with a fish on this card that I coloured in Mint Macaron and Lost Lagoon with my Aquapainter, then painted liberally with clear Wink of Stella to give him shimmery scales. I attached my fish to a piece of white baker's twine, which I in turn knotted to my cocktail stick fishing pole. How cute?!

Geometrical Forest - I decided I needed to conjure up some forest or at least a feeling of the outdoors behind my lake, but was somewhat at a loss as to how to do this with such a limited colour palette. I perused my designer series papers and bingo - this geometrical design, whilst not including trees of any kind, works as a background. I do think those triangles are evocative of trees (ok, I know it's a stretch, but if you have a better suggestion do leave me a comment below - I'd love to hear it!) And where did I find it? In the 'It's My Party' Designer Series Paper stack of all places!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Bear Hugs Clear-Mount Bundle
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels
  • Whisper White Baker's Twine
  • Clear Wink of Stella

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
4/16/2016 5:18:55 PM #

What a perfect card, Joanne!  I love the little fish pond you created with the rhinestone "bubbles"....at least that's what I thought they were!  I love your awesome concept for this color trio this week!

Tracy May
Tracy MayUnited Kingdom
4/17/2016 10:14:49 PM #

Another fab card Joanne! I love your bear with his fishing rod! Brilliant. It was lovely meeting you at OnStage! Smile

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
4/18/2016 12:29:55 AM #

Perfect card for a fisherman!  Love it!

Jennifer Downey
Jennifer DowneyUnited States
4/19/2016 6:21:38 PM #

Your card made me giggle with your fishing bear! I love how you used the oval to simulate the lake. Too fun!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
4/21/2016 2:55:49 AM #

Such a fun card!  I wish I had thought of the bear - this is adorable!

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!