Regal 'Nutty or Nice?' Nutcracker

by Joanne James25. October 2014 12:15

Happy Saturday everyone! I am back into the challenge swing of things and today I have a card for this week's Merry Monday challenge where the aim is to create a card using non-traditional colours and I also took a little inspiration from the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches:

I decided to make a card using the Nutcracker stamp as it really lends itself to cards using non-traditional colours and I've been wanting to make a purple card with him for some time; here's my card:

I used Blackberry Bliss for my base and Hello Honey for the mat and the striped DSP which is from the Midnight DSP stack. I coloured my nutcracker using a combination of Stampin' Write markers and the skin tone, Smoky Slate and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities (I sued the middle and darkest one only as these are closer to Hello Honey) and added a popped-up moustache cut out using my Big Shot and the moustache framelit. To finish, I stamped my sentiment directly onto the DSP layer. I love the Nutcracker in these colours - I think he looks very regal!

That's me done for today; I have some class prep later for next week's class and then we are meeting up with some friends later for dinner, which should be fun.

Back tomorrow with my Design Team card over at The Paper Players, where Nance has a fabulous sketch for us and there is lots more festive fun to be had!

Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

linda callahan
linda callahanUnited States
10/25/2014 5:50:03 PM #

Love the colors and your soldier looks wonderful!  Fun for the holidays!  Thanks for joining us at FMS!

10/28/2014 8:49:11 PM #

Thanks Linda - I love this little guy, he makes such a fun card!

Brian King
Brian KingUnited States
10/26/2014 1:14:13 AM #

Joanne, Beautiful combination of colors - love this little soldier.  Smile  Thanks for playing along with this week's Merry Monday challenge.

10/28/2014 8:49:36 PM #

Me too Brian - thanks for popping by to leave a comment!

KarrenJ
KarrenJNew Zealand
10/26/2014 3:18:27 AM #

What a fun card!  That nutcracker is hilarious!  Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday and Freshly Made Sketches.

10/28/2014 8:50:00 PM #

I agree Karren - guaranteed to raise a festive smile!

Jen Brum
Jen BrumCanada
10/26/2014 8:56:43 PM #

Very nice card Joanne!  I do love that little nutcracker!  Great non traditional Christmas colours!  Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

10/28/2014 8:51:05 PM #

Thanks Jen - he's really great isn't he, such fun with that big mustache!

Current May hostess code:

UCPTF3WM

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.