A Pair of Festive Robins!

by Joanne James24. October 2014 20:53

Another busy day today but I managed to shop, clean the house and catch up on some work, so a nicely productive one. Today's card is my entry for this week's challenge over at 'Less Is More' where the theme this week is 'Little Creatures' - I'm squeezing this one in right under the wire this evening, but as this is one of my favourite challenge blogs and I haven't done any challenges this week, it was worth the effort.

I decided to make a Christmas card, although my 'little creatures' didn't come from a festive set - take a look:

I thought the little bird in the 'Hello Love' hostess set would make a cute robin, so I decided to stamp a pair under the little sprig of mistletoe that features in the Project Life Holiday Cheer stamp set and then coloured them with my Cherry Cobbler and skin tone Blendabilities, highlighting with my Colour Lifter, and adding a little red bow to the hair of one to make her into the 'Mrs'. I stamped the mistletoe in Garden Green and wiped away the bow and re-drew it in Real Red, and added a few tiny pearls to look like the mistletoe berries. For my sentiment, I chose 'I love us' from the 'Good Greetings' hostess set; this set is still available until the end of the month if you host a party and have qualifying sales of £200 or more. This sentiment just seemed to suit my robins perfectly!

A simple one layer card (even though one layer isn't part of the challenge criteria this week!) which shows a useful way to adapt the 'Hello Love' set for a Christmas card.

Back tomorrow with another Christmas card; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Wendie Waldman
Wendie WaldmanUnited States
10/25/2014 3:38:20 AM #

Just adorable!

10/25/2014 12:15:00 PM #

Thanks Wendie - they are rather cute aren't they?!

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
10/28/2014 7:39:56 AM #

Clever way to use your stamp, makes a super robin!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

10/28/2014 8:52:13 PM #

Thanks Anne - I like it when you can get some versatility with my stamps!

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
10/30/2014 9:26:58 PM #

I missed this one last week Joanne, it's great fun!
Love Mrs' little bow!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Current April hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.