Hello There Calypso Coral!

by Joanne James1. October 2014 09:00

It's Wednesday and time for another challenge over at Colour Me...! where this week we have a monochromatic colour scheme for you:

I also used this week's sketch over at Retrosketches for my layout. Now I have to confess, Calypso Coral is a colour I don't use often (I don't know why) but this is particularly unfortunate, given that the last time I ordered a pack I ordered two by mistake and now I have Calypso Coral cardstock coming out of my ears! So today's challenge was the perfect excuse to make a dent in the pile. After much deliberation, this is what I came up with:

I used a piece of the Gold Soiree Speciality DSP as the main feature of my card. This paper has a very luxurious feel and definitely needed to be used where it could be seen! I matted this on a piece of gold foil and a Calypso Coral base. For my sentiment, I stamped 'Hello There' from the hostess stamp set of the same name in Calypso Coral on Whisper White, along with a flower from the same set stamped in Gold Encore ink finished with a candy dot and matted this onto a piece of Calypso Coral edged with the scallop edge punch.

I added a couple of flags of Calypso Coral chevron ribbon and some strings of gold sequins and a gold button threaded with baker's twine as per the sketch and finished the corner with three flowers: two in gold foil punched with the retired flower Itty Bitty Punch and one stamped in Coral on Whisper White where I added detail with my gold pen and this was punched with the Petite Petals punch.

That's my Colour Me...! card for this week - why not visit the other Colour Me...! designers and check out their takes on this week's colour combination:

Claire
Hayley
Julia
Sherrie
Tara
And our talented guest designer for October - Jen Mitchell

We look forward to seeing your monochromatic creations.

I have a busy and exciting day planned today which I will tell you all about in due course. I'll be back later with the details of this week's Wednesday weekly deals and news of a great sign up offer and some great discounted offers to help you celebrate World Card Making Day on the 6th October.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Jen Mitchell
Jen MitchellUnited States
10/3/2014 1:49:25 AM #

This is gorgeous!  I ican't stop looking at it!  I love how Calypso Coral looks paired with gold!

10/5/2014 8:32:41 PM #

Thanks Jen! I rarely use Calypso Coral and felt I needed to pair it with something - I'm really glad how the gold turned out.

Tara Bourgoin
Tara BourgoinCanada
10/5/2014 11:49:00 PM #

Joanne, this is just gorgeous! I love all the details (the coral candy dots on the gold flowers are superb). Fab card, especially given you don't like Calypso Coral ;)

10/6/2014 9:54:38 AM #

Thanks Tara! This challenge has given me the opportunity to find lots of ways to use up all that Calypso Coral card - always a bonus!

Maria
MariaUnited States
10/6/2014 4:20:21 AM #

So pretty!  Love the design and touches of gold!

10/6/2014 9:55:15 AM #

Thank you Maria - the gold adds just the right amount of sparkle I think! Thanks for popping by today x

Hayley's Paper Garden
Hayley's Paper GardenCanada
10/6/2014 7:35:50 PM #

This colour goes SO WELL with gold Smile Awesome job Joanne!!!

10/6/2014 10:00:14 PM #

Thanks Hayley - glad you like it!

Sherrie M.
Sherrie M.United States
10/6/2014 9:59:06 PM #

Great minds think alike...we both used this Coral with Gold. Your card is simply beautiful!

10/6/2014 10:01:45 PM #

Yes indeed Sherrie! The gold does really look great with the Calypso Coral Smile

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here