Hip Hip Hooray - Sea Street Shaker Birthday Card

by Joanne James11. August 2014 08:00

It's Monday and today I have a special card for a special day - today my youngest James Junior turns 7! I can't quite believe it - some days I'm not sure where the last 7 years have gone. So today I'm sharing a birthday card I made for Ben to celebrate his special day. I used this week's sketch over at the Paper Craft Crew as my inspiration:

My card is slightly larger than usual - A5, 21cm x 14.9cm - and features a fun shaker element along with my favourite Sea Street stamp set:

The shaker is made using the surround from the On Film framelit set and filled with fussy cut starfish, crabs, lobsters, gold sequins and some fish and anchors cut with my now retired Oh Whale! clearlit. I stamped the 'Hip Hip Hooray' onto the background before putting the shaker together and carried the sentiment on to the inside of the card:

We have a fun day planned today, including a visit to the cinema and maybe even a cycle ride on his new bicycle if the weather holds! Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin!

April
AprilUnited States
8/11/2014 6:51:38 PM #

I love this shaker card.  It is adorable!

8/17/2014 9:14:39 PM #

Thanks April - they are such fun to make and give aren't they?

8/12/2014 7:52:41 PM #

This is so cute.....what a clever idea!

8/17/2014 9:15:11 PM #

Thanks LeAnne - I love this set, so many possibilities, and a shaker card is always fun!

Pam Staples
Pam StaplesUnited States
8/20/2014 3:06:42 AM #

I absolutely ADORE this card!  Love all the colors and amazing job done with all the fussy cutting.  Such a fun Shaker card (the Octopus is one of my favorites).  Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

8/20/2014 10:11:39 AM #

Thanks Pam! Sea Street is a firm favourite of mine too - so many possibilities!

Chantell Randall
Chantell RandallAustralia
8/21/2014 2:39:35 PM #

Hi Joanne,  I have been enjoying looking at your blog this week.  Love your work.
I have used one of your card layouts as inspiration for my card making this week.  I have mentioned you and your blog in my blog post.  Thank you for your inspiration.  Chantell

8/21/2014 8:38:11 PM #

Thanks Chantell for the kind compliment - I popped over to take a look at your card, which is lovely! Glad you've found inspiration here and once again, thanks for the shout-out - it is much appreciated!

Current May hostess code:

UCPTF3WM

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.