Get Well Soon Dad!

by Joanne James9. June 2014 23:10

Today I'm sharing a card I made using this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch and the lovely colours at Colour Q:

My Dad had a knee replacement operation last week and so I wanted to send him a 'get well soon' card that would brighten his day - here is my card:

I used a base of Night of Navy along with a mat in Tangerine Tango and using the sticking plaster from an old 2013 Sale-A-Bration set, Patterned Occasions (minus the attached sentiment), stamped it in the challenge colours and cut them out and adhered them to my card following the sketch layout. I coupled them with a simple 'get well soon' sentiment from the ever-so-useful Delightful Dozen stamp set (due to retire at the end of this month) and added a tiny Bashful blue heart punched with my trusty owl punch to finish.

I love the look of the stuck-on sticky plasters, which works so well with the get well theme - I'm sure my Dad wishes his knee could have been fixed that easily!

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'!

Jen Mitchell
Jen MitchellUnited States
6/10/2014 12:45:34 AM #

Cute get well card!  I'm sure your Dad will love it!  Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

6/10/2014 10:00:59 AM #

Thanks Jen - a great colour combo for a masculine card with a brighter feel, perfect for a get well soon!

Taunya Butler
Taunya ButlerUnited States
6/10/2014 3:43:39 AM #

Cute, cute, and more cuteness!! Love it, love the color choice, and it just turned out so well!! Like it alot!!

6/10/2014 10:02:04 AM #

Thank you Taunya - I agree, those sticky plasters are cute and the colours just make it a nice masculine card! So glad you like it!!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
6/10/2014 3:29:01 PM #

Oh, this is so sweet! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Sylvia
SylviaUnited States
6/11/2014 6:02:36 AM #

Cute card, Joanne, love all the band-aides! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ.

6/11/2014 10:01:45 PM #

Thanks Sylvia - great colour combo this week!

Maureen Merritt
Maureen MerrittUnited States
6/11/2014 2:19:48 PM #

This is so cute!  I love the color combo.   Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

6/11/2014 10:02:44 PM #

Thanks Maureen - a fun sketch this week!

Michelle Leone
Michelle LeoneUnited States
6/14/2014 1:30:59 AM #

Adorable..... beautiful colors and a perfect CTS #79 card!!

6/17/2014 10:36:53 AM #

Thanks Michelle - glad you liked it!

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here