The Power of Two - PPA189

by Joanne James2. February 2014 20:33

Good evening lovely blog readers! A super weekend has been had by all in the James household: lots of swimming and crafting in preparation for this week's classes featuring the lovely Sale-A-Bration goodies. Today's card is one I made earlier in the week using the sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts this week - here's the sketch:

Whilst I followed the layout of the sketch, I changed out blocks 2 and 4 for heart shapes which I cut with my hearts Framelits - take a look at my card and you'll see what I mean:

I kept my card quite simple and took my colour inspiration from the sheet of paper I used from the new Fresh Prints DSP stack in the Spring-Summer seasonal catalogue. This is a lovely paper stack which predominantly features Real Red, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana and Crumb Cake, but there are a few patterns that include pink too, such as the one I've used here. The sentiment is from the 'Yippee-Skippee!' stamp set and could have several uses: I've used it in the context of a loved one for a Valentine's/anniversary card, but I think it would be great on a baby card to welcome the arrival of twins too. I can also see me using it on a scrapbook page featuring my Junior James' - they are a formidable pair when they get together! Lastly, I embossed the central panel with the SAB decorative dots folder to echo the pattern of the background paper.

I hope you like today's card - if the above sketch layout appeals to you, do pop over to the Pals Paper Arts blog to see what the design team did with the sketch. I have the first of this week's classes tomorrow, but do pop back here for another project - all being well I might even have another video edited for you!

Until then, happy stamping!

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.

Beth Beard
Beth BeardUnited States
2/5/2014 1:09:41 AM #

Aw...the little hearts are so cute! I like your color choice...very hot colors! Thanks Joanne for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

2/8/2014 9:45:58 PM #

Thanks Beth - not sure I would have chosen these colours together had I not seen the DSP, but I love how they go together.

Peggy Noe
Peggy NoeUnited States
2/6/2014 1:48:52 AM #

Joanne, I love the Fresh Prints DSP too, and this is one of my favorite sheets!  Simple but outstanding!  Thank you for joining us over at Pals Paper Arts!

2/8/2014 9:47:09 PM #

Thanks Peggy - these paper stacks are such great value and so many patterns to choose from. So glad you liked my card!

voyance immediate aujourd'hui
voyance immediate aujourd'huiUnited States
2/13/2014 11:39:41 AM #

lire voyance par mail nice<br/>Decouvrir ce excellent site web : <a href="http://www.fantasyhurler.com">voyance gratuite en direct</a>

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!