Who Is A Foxy Lady?

by Joanne James28. February 2021 21:32

Today I'm here with an extra card that I made yesterday just for fun for a few challenges:

The challenge over at CASology closes tomorrow but I had been musing over an idea that I wanted to try for a few days, so paired it with the Color Throwdown colours which had a lovely rust colour included, perfect for a fox, and made the following card:

I used a whole host of retired product on this one, most notably my Foxy Friends stamp set and Fox Builder Punch, to create a Foxy face in lieu of the 'o' in my 'FOXY' word created using the Playful Alphabet Dies and paired it with the word 'Lady' from part of a sentiment in the retired 'Little LadyBug' stamp set to create my custom wording. I used the Color Throwdown colours in a quartet of stripes for my diecut letters and carried them across my card base to unify my layers. I added an additional stamped fox to the inside of my card:

Lastly, no foxy lady is complete without a sassy magenta flower in her fur, right?! So I added a punched flower for an added touch of femininity:

I love this clean and simple card - it turned out just as I imagined. The big question is, who would you send a card like this to? I'd be really interested in your thoughts!

I'm also linking today's card up over at Addicted to CAS where the code word for the next fortnight is 'animal'.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project and news of an early prrelease from teh forthcoming annual catalogue. Until then, happy stampin'!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used (current supplies only):

sandie
sandieUnited Kingdom
3/1/2021 9:36:41 AM #

I love this-so much interest and detail and yet so wonderfully CAS! Adore the little flower and love you used a dark base, it makes the colours really pop and super way to create the sentiment. So pleased you got to join us at CASology...oh and always admire when someone stamps inside their card (think I am too lazy to so that!!)

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
3/1/2021 9:36:31 PM #

Gorgeous!  So impressed that you manage to combine 3 challenges into one card - I struggle with just one half the time 🤣

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
3/1/2021 10:43:46 PM #

LOVE this fun design! Way to rock these colors this week! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
3/2/2021 3:27:22 AM #

Oh wow! This is so unexpected... great colours and it combines a sense of fun with sophistication. Gorgeous!

Melissa
MelissaUnited States
3/2/2021 5:29:37 AM #

What a wonderful clean & simple design!  I love the clean lines on this and that little fox is just too cute!
Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASology!  Smile

Christy Stanford
Christy StanfordUnited States
3/2/2021 9:06:18 AM #

I love that fox!  I'd send it to any of my good friends.  Who wouldn't want to get this foxy card?!  Love it!!!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
3/2/2021 2:16:34 PM #

I'd definitely send this to my auburn haired daughter as it would make her giggle! What a stunning card it is Joanne and really well thought out. I love the stripes running across your base and the way you've echoed them in the die cut letters, and I adore the fox with her sassy flower in her fur! I agree with Sandie too - adding detail inside the card is so professional looking (but I'm too lazy!!)

Thanks for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS Smile Vicky x

Barbara Ghigliotty
Barbara GhigliottyUnited States
3/5/2021 7:44:51 AM #

Super cute card, Joanne! I love your sweet little fox...especially with her pink bow and that you used it for the "O"...very clever! I also love how you finished the inside of the card, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
3/6/2021 6:17:09 AM #

SUCH a fun card, Joanne! Love it!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
3/12/2021 3:05:00 PM #

Fabulous use of this set, Joanne.  I love the stripes within the stripes and that little flower on Foxy's head is everything!  Very clever design and layout and a wonderful CAS card.  Perfect for many of the foxy ladies I know and a great way to celebrate Women's Day!  So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
hugs
Jaydee

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current April hostess code:

3XTNB243

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!