Pampered Pets Layered Birthday Card

by Joanne James15. August 2020 19:25

Today I'm sharing a card for the current challenge over at Festive Friday where they are celebrating National Dog Day which i'm also linking up over at The Card Concept where they have a cute inspiration photo featuring a dog front and centre:

I have been looking for an opportunity to break into the products in my Pampered Pets suite and this challenge gave me the perfect reason - take a look:

Pampered Pets - A collection featuring cute cats and dogs, the Pampered Pets Suite is perfect for cards for animal lovers. I decided to make a birthday card for a dog-mad friend of one of the James Juniors. She loved it! Today's card is definitely all about the layers - there are 11 in total!

Pets Dies - The dies in the suite not only cut out the images in the stamp set, but also fit some of the dogs on the DSP and since I was featuring several of the paper designs on my card today, I also die cut one of the cute dogs too. Check out another neat die trick - did you notice that the horizontal die piece that features pawprints? Don't throw away the inside pieces if you are going to use the negative space diecut - the 'paws' also make cute hearts when turned the other way up - I used mine in front of my dog. You're welcome ;-)

Suite Treats - The Pampered Pets Suite has a ton of cute elements that can be used to decorate your creations, including ribbon, twine and these cute heart and bone trinket embellishments, one of which I added to my dog's collar:

I know I only needed three items from the inspo list on my card today, but I couldn't resist going to town on this card: I included red, black, baker's twine, heart, paw print, dog, bone and embossing (heat-embossed sentiment). I think stripes and a love/loyalty sentiment are the only two things I didn't include!!

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Helen Jennings
Helen JenningsUnited Kingdom
8/16/2020 1:05:05 PM #

Love your card Joanne and the clever trick of using your paw print pop outs as hearts on your card. This multi layered card just makes me smile. Glad you were inspired by the Festive Friday Challenge this week

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
8/16/2020 9:42:30 PM #

What a perfect showcase for this suite of products, and a fun card to boot. You don't even need to be a dog lover to enjoy this one. The tip with the hearts and paw prints - priceless! Very clever thinking.

Esther Asbury
Esther AsburyUnited States
8/17/2020 4:13:32 PM #

Oh my, this is too cute!! I love the adorable doggie and fun text background! So happy you played along at The Card Concept!

Melanie Hungerford
Melanie HungerfordUnited States
8/17/2020 10:49:18 PM #

Super cute card, love the paw print strip and background paper with all the dog words! Thank you for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.
Melanie

Robyn D Rasset
Robyn D RassetUnited States
8/18/2020 8:02:27 PM #

Love the black, white and red with the gray pup!

Stephanie Lanzalotto
Stephanie LanzalottoUnited States
8/19/2020 4:19:24 PM #

Hi Joanne! Congratulations! Your project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge to grab your winners badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again often and soon! Stephanie L, Festive Friday DT

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!