Mosaic Mood Meets Praiseworthy Prose

by Joanne James10. May 2020 10:00

Two posts from me today as whilst I did squeeze in a little crafting yesterday morning, I was too busy enjoying the sunshine the rest of the day to blog - so I'm sharing today! I loved Linda's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week and chose to use green, congratulations sentiment embossing folder from the Festive Friday inspo list:

So many ways to interpret the sketch, but in the end I decided to use up more of those fussy cut Mosaic Mood designer papers and pair some border strips with a gorgeous glossy hummingbird and a sentiment from Praiseworthy Prose:

Praiseworthy Prose is another of those sets that hasn’t seem much (any!) ink so I stamped my sentiment in Soft Suede onto a Very Vanilla stitched rectangle and used my hummingbird to accent it. Some subtle embossing to my mat layer completes my card.

I really like this finished card and its one of those that could be used for men or women, which is great as I didn’t have anyone in mind to send it to when I started creating.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Kelsey Webster
Kelsey WebsterUnited States
5/10/2020 11:13:29 PM #

That humming bird is so cute!

Shawna Standish
Shawna StandishUnited States
5/11/2020 3:20:45 AM #

I love this mosaic card, Joanne.. The color and subtle texture on your card base is the perfect complement to your border and the delightful hummingbird. Lovely card.

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
5/11/2020 10:58:19 AM #

This is beautiful.....your bird is perfectly cut out!  You do know your way around a pair of paper snips!  The textured base is the perfect backdrop!

Jacquie Southas
Jacquie SouthasUnited States
5/11/2020 3:59:38 PM #

Beautiful design! The mint card base really is perfect for this stunning bird. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
5/11/2020 4:39:19 PM #

Such a stunning card, love the textures!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
5/11/2020 6:40:06 PM #

This is beautiful Joanne. I haven't seen much of this set around blogland which is a shame. Love the way you positioned your bird to point out the pronunciation of the word celebrate! Vicky x

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/11/2020 11:10:53 PM #

You and LeAnne have both used that lovely hummingbird recently and in both case, with a stunning result. Love your choice of base colour and my, oh my, the Subtle folder continues to be worth every cent.

Jen Brum
Jen BrumCanada
5/12/2020 12:46:13 AM #

What a lovely card!  I just love that hummingbird and the definition!  Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
5/13/2020 7:36:45 PM #

Congratulations! Your project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. As a reminder, you can hop over to the challenge to grab your winners badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again really soon!

5/13/2020 11:51:34 PM #

I love this!!  Of course you know I would, LOL!

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!