It's All About The Shoes!

by Joanne James26. March 2020 11:12

Hi all! Apologies for the lack of posting (again!) I have been rather under the weather for a week or so and have just not managed to muster enthusiasm for crafting (I know - shocker!) - it has been all I could do to keep the James Juniors 'on task'. I was feeling a little better yesterday though so decided to spend a few hours giving my craft room a much-needed spring clean and then I sat down and made a card for this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge - a retro sketch of their first ever sketch! I didn't play then but I can just squeeze in under the wire if I'm quick! Here's the sketch:

I had a few ideas as to how I could use this sketch (love this sketch - it's so versatile!) and I debated whether or not to use the circles literally. I decided not and came up with this using what has turned out to be my favourite sets and sentiments in the Spring catalogue  - take a look:

I must confess I had a little packet of shoes and handbags that I had fussy cut previously from the Best Dressed DSP, with a view to CASEing the card on page 54 of the catalogue, but I hadn't got around to it (please tell me I'm not the only one who does that!) The sketch was perfect to create my little shelf of purses, handbags and shoes; I used a piece of DSP for some 'wallpaper' backing on my white cardbase, then added my shelf (I used the die in the set but shortened it to fit my card) and added my bags and purses, popping my pink shoes up on dimensionals since they are the item I wanted to highlight. I finished with my sentiment stamped below in Blackberry Bliss - I also rather inadvertently created an entry for Color Throwdown this week too, where they are featuring pink, purple and white as their colours of choice this week. I'm also linking up with TGIF Challenges as they are featuring the Best Dressed Suite this week; I actually have another project to share with those lovely ladies too, so come back later if you would like to see that.

This card actually uses very little in the way of supplies - all it requires is a little patience for the fussy cutting!

How are you finding your days of lockdown and social isolation? The James Juniors have adapted quite well with their distance learning and only seeing their friends online. I count myself lucky at times like this that they remain each other's best friends so at least can enjoy each other's company and make their own fun. Enjoy your day and I'll be back later with a Sale-Bration update and another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Michele F
Michele FUnited States
3/26/2020 12:37:47 PM #

Dots, shoes, handbags, and PINK, too!!  Oh Joanne, this is everything a [CTS] girl could ask for!  So happy you squeezed this pretty pink number into our gallery … you're right about that Sketch, it is a keeper!  Your fussy-cutting skills are brilliant!
Thanks, so very much, for playing along with us this week!
=]

3/26/2020 4:05:02 PM #

OMGoodness, this is such a cool way to interpret the sketch...you know me, I always go literal, so it's fun to see how more creative people think, LOL!  Just adorable, perfect way to line up those images and a great way to do the background as well!

Tami Hewlett
Tami HewlettUnited States
3/27/2020 5:58:04 AM #

Wow, what a darling card!!! Love all the cut out details!!!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
3/27/2020 10:11:55 PM #

Love this!  Beautiful lineup!

donna mikasa
donna mikasaUnited States
3/28/2020 5:35:39 PM #

Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at CTS and congrats on your Honorable Mention shout out!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
3/29/2020 8:13:33 PM #

What a homage to girly friendships! So sweet, so pink, so cute, so clever!

Lisa I Henke
Lisa I HenkeUnited States
3/31/2020 2:41:44 AM #

oh wow! I love this. what a great card.

Current July hostess code:

PTWMKJED

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here