Music From The Heart FMS419

by Joanne James27. January 2020 19:48

I've got a super-quick post this evening to share a card I made with Lee Ann's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches that I am hopefully just going to squeeze my entry in for:

The minute I saw the angle in Lee Ann's sketch I knew that it would be perfect for my first use of one of my favourite sets in the Spring mini catalogue - take a look:

Music From The Heart is the set inspired by Million Sales Achiever Dawn Olchefske and as someone who has a family of musicians of one form or another this was a set I've wanted for a long time! Today's card is super-simple, stamped in black on Whisper White to look like sheet music with a black card base, then the piano coloured with a black Stampin' Blends combo and just two pops of red from the paper-pieced red foil heart-shaped lid of the piano and a teeny-tiny red foil punched heart to adorn my sentiment. A little bit of overhang from the sentiment label and the stitched circle for interest, and that's that. Quick to create and fortunately quick to blog as time is of the essence today!

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jen Brum
Jen BrumCanada
1/28/2020 2:07:50 AM #

This is such a sweet card! I love this stamp set and can't wait to use it!  Love music themed cards as well!  Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/28/2020 9:59:53 PM #

So lovely! The score of music in the back is perfect for the piano. With a musicians in your family, like me, you'd be enamoured of this set. I look forward to seeing more of it!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
1/30/2020 12:43:11 AM #

What a wonderful card Joanne!  The piano with big heart is a wonderful image and I love that sentiment that teams with it perfectly, of course!  Lucky you to have a family of musicians, I bet family gatherings can be very festive!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
1/30/2020 10:02:29 AM #

Love it! Have bought that set as I thought it worked for so many occasions, including Valentine's day.

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
2/1/2020 11:49:30 AM #

What a beautiful card you've made with this clever and unusual set Joanne. With a family of musicians it's perfect for you! Vicky x

Current April hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.