Clean and Simple Dressed To Impress for PP474

by Joanne James19. January 2020 10:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Laurie to host this week and she has a fun clean and simple challenge for you to work with:

I knew immediately where I was going with today's card and using the current layout over at CAS Colours & Sketches ended up making not one but two cards!  Laurie's theme gave me the perfect excuse to break out my new 'Dressed To Impress' stamp set and co-ordinating Best Dressed designer series papers to create a couple of clean and simple cards perfect for a fashionista. Here's the first one, featuring the lipstick:

I coloured my image with my Stampin' Blends and added just a small piece of designer paper behind to preserve the all-important white space. Finally I stamped the scrolled word in a contrasting colour and popped it up over my black sentiment for added interest.

I liked this card so much I made another, this time featuring the shoe:

On each of my cards, I stamped my lipstick/shoe image on a post-it note and masked my main image to stamp a second one. My first lipstick looked lonely and as for the shoes, it had to be a pair - I mean, who buys a single shoe?!

And here's another picture of both cards together:

So which one do you prefer? I liked the solid pink lipstick DSP on the first one ... until I used the shoes DSP which whilst it has larger images, is on a white background so feels a little 'cleaner'. So now I'm not so sure - as always, I welcome your thoughts! Here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's projects for you to pin for easy reference:

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we have a family lunch planned and a day of homework for the Juniors and ironing for me! Hope you have an enjoyable rest of your weekend. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
1/19/2020 4:55:02 PM #

Love your set of cute fashion cards!! That's a great set from SU, such fun sentiments!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
1/19/2020 4:58:06 PM #

This is such a fun set and you are making me want to buy it!  Delightful cards!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
1/19/2020 5:18:06 PM #

Adorable cards...and awesome masking skills, Joanne! I LOVE both of them, but I think I am partial to the lipstick one. Have a wonderful week!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
1/19/2020 8:46:47 PM #

What a wonderful and versatile design - love that you were able to do two very different cards with it!!  Great for our sketch! Smile

karen h
karen hUnited States
1/20/2020 2:16:30 AM #

Wonderful card! Great job with the sketch! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
1/20/2020 6:15:08 AM #

Both cards are just so perfect for the challenge!  I do especially like the one with the lipstick tubes, the bit of red dsp on the top and bottom of the main panel really make it pop, plus I love that sentiment!

1/20/2020 6:08:02 PM #

Great cards, I love them both!  I am partial to the lipstick one....I do wear lipstick, but I would fall flat on my face in those heels, LOL!

Julie Peddicord
Julie PeddicordUnited States
1/21/2020 1:20:57 AM #

These are both such fun cards!!!!  Lipstick and shoes...one can never have enough.  LOL!!!  Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
1/22/2020 6:51:17 PM #

Both fabulous cards, Joanne.  I love the way you colored the lipsticks, too.  Fabulous job.  Wonderful CAS cards.  Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
1/25/2020 6:01:11 PM #

Both of your cards are fabulous, Joanne! I just love the clean design with the little pop of pattern. Your shading on the shoes and lipstick is fabulous, too. Have a great day!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.