P-P-P-Pick Up A Christmas Penguin Or Two!

by Joanne James13. January 2020 08:00

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards that I made for my 2020 Christmas card stash; I always try and make some Christmas cards throughout the year, although I must confess I often get sidetracked as the year goes on! I was encouraged by a few challenges that are currently running:

The theme over at Christmas Kickstart Challenge is 'penguin parade' so I decided to use one of my (now retired) penguin stamps from the 'Making Everyday Bright' stamp set, along with the CASology cue word 'repeat' to create this little festive gang - take a look:

I used my Stamparatus to get all of my penguins in an even row across the centre of my Whisper White card base, and taking my cue from the current challenge over at Less Is More, used my Calypso Coral and Blueberry Bushel Stampin' Write markers to add colour to their hats. I punched out the central one and gave him a coral retired enamel heart to hold. I stamped my sentiment, from the (retired) 'Christmas Crowd' set in Blueberry Bushel and popped it up on dimensionals, using it to ground my row of penguins, and finished the inside with another sentiment from this set:

I had a few aborted attempts at getting my penguins in a neat line, but I liked the above card when I was done so I used my Christmas Bulb Builder Punch to punch out some of my leftovers and this time stuck them in a neat line (in hindsight I should have done this the first time, it would have been much quicker!) and coloured them in with a festive Real Red and Call Me Clover colour combo:

Here are both of my cards together:

The 'Making Spirits Bright' stamp set is one of the (many!) retired stamp sets I own that didn't see much love first time around, so it was fun to revisit it for today's cards.

I have the first of my monthly card classes today using the Beautifully Braided Bundle so will be sharing some of those creations with you later this week. In the meantime, enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

No product table today as the stamp sets used on today's cards are retired; current colours are listed above.

1/13/2020 6:07:41 PM #

That Stamparatus is worth its weight in gold when created something like this!  CUTE as a button, I love that little lineup!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/13/2020 7:56:29 PM #

I love these! It's a simple card on the surface but to execute it as perfectly is this takes real skill. Love the unusual colour combinations that you've picked to accent your penguins. I never knew I as a penguin person until this card!

Joyce
JoyceUnited States
1/14/2020 5:32:44 AM #

Wonderful card design, and I really like all the different color ways you did.  Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

Stephanie Lanzalotto
Stephanie LanzalottoUnited States
1/14/2020 5:18:15 PM #

What an adorable card. I love that little line of penguins. What a great way to use the Less Is More challenge colors. I love it. Thanks so much for playing with us.

Jen W.
Jen W.United States
1/19/2020 6:36:07 PM #

Those penguins are adorable and so perfect for the repeat challenge!  Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

ionabunny
ionabunnyUnited States
1/27/2020 8:51:38 PM #

Gorgeous parade of penguins.  Love both colour schemes.  Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.