Frosted Foliage Single Branch One Layer Card

by Joanne James6. January 2020 07:00

Today I have a quick card for the current challenges over at Color Throwdown and CASology:

It's a Christmas card and uses a now retired stamp set, but these colours and the Color Throwdown badge inspired me to experiment with a clean and simple one layer technique that I've been wanting to try for some time - take a look:

I masked a corner frame then sponged Cherry Cobbler ink to create a graduated effect, then used the single branch from Frosted Foliage to over-stamp the edge. I stamped the branch in Early Espresso, then coloured the berries with my Cherry Cobbler Blends. I added some highlights with my chalk marker, but you can't really see these since I decided to add a liberal dose of Dazzling Diamonds to look like frost. I balanced my rectangle with my sentiment to complete my card.

So what do you think? Does the same-colour sponging work to add interest to my one layer card? Do leave me a comment below - I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

karen h
karen hUnited States
1/6/2020 5:44:48 PM #

Gorgeous! Love the monochrome color scheme and the touch of glitter on the berries! Thank you for joining us at CASology!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/6/2020 8:26:30 PM #

Triple A+ for this card, Joanne! It's perfect!

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
1/7/2020 5:54:51 PM #

Beautiful!

1/7/2020 9:40:01 PM #

This is AMAZING!  What a stunning card!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
1/10/2020 5:57:56 PM #

Happy new year to you Joanne! What a stunner this card is! I love the restrained colour palette and how on earth did you make such a smooth ink blend?!!! Vicky x

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current March hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.

Sale-A-Bration 2nd Release

Sale-A-Bration just got better - see all of the new products you can earn FREE with a £45/£90 order by clicking on the image above.