A Clean and Simple Christmas Crowd for PP468

by Joanne James17. November 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Jaydee to host this week and she has a great seasonal Clean and Simple challenge for you to work with:

Since this challenge theme was the North Pole, I had to go with a Santa and his festive friends - take a look:

I used this week's CAS(E) This Sketch for my layout and heat embossed my sentiment in white onto my Real Red card base before stamping my single stamp image from 'Christmas Crowd' in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto my top layer of Whisper White and colouring with my Stampin' Blends. I added some clear Wink of Stella to the fur on Santa's suit and a sprinkling of snowflake sequins, before popping my panel up on dimensionals and attaching to the front of my card base. I also stamped the outline image on the inside of my card behind my sentiment:

Now I know not all of Santa's Christmas crowd can be normally found in the North Pole (cue the penguin!!) however I think for such a cute bunch we can make an exception and grant a little creative licence!

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we had a day packed with sport yesterday so today will be about homework and baking for tomorrow's school charity bake sale. I have a busy week ahead but I have managed to make and photograph some other projects, so I'll be back tomorrow with more Christmas goodness to share. Until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
11/17/2019 4:45:46 PM #

What a fun gang!!! Great design too!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/17/2019 8:22:03 PM #

Oh, so LOVELY! The simple layout suits this busy stamp. Your colouring is super!

11/18/2019 9:04:34 PM #

I love this fun bunch of Santa's friends...you've colored them all beautifully and still managed to keep it CAS!  Great job--love the embossed sentiment too!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
11/19/2019 5:48:07 AM #

Such a cute crew...and colored to perfection! I LOVE it, Joanne!

11/19/2019 7:38:02 PM #

WOW!  Your coloring is gorgeous!  I love this whole gang hanging out with Santa!  Just perfect!  XX

MBFairySky
MBFairySkyFrance
11/23/2019 10:32:21 AM #

Fabulous card and great coloring !
Thanks for sharing your inspiration !

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
11/23/2019 3:49:05 PM #

Joanne, I love your merry band!  You have colored them beautifully.  The red horizontal layer is a wonderful way to ground them.  Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
11/24/2019 7:32:53 PM #

I just love how this little gang came to life on the clean design! The colors really pop!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: