Label Me Pretty Sweet Cupcake Card

by Joanne James28. October 2017 19:00

It's the weekend - hurrah! It's always nice when the weekend rolls around, although I must confess this week has been a little easier than usual in terms of my usual activity schedule, with both James Juniors being on their half term holiday break. We have been enjoying time with friends, indoor climbing and outdoor play, making the most of the mild autumnal weather. I need to make the most of this weekend as that is all-change again come Monday with one of them at least back to school.

So, today I have a change from Christmas! I'm sharing a card for this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink where the challenge is all about cake:

My card features cake two ways - take a look:

A Neat Trick With Birthday Friends - The little girl holding the cupcake on my card has come straight from the Birthday Memories designer series paper (currently available as part of the 'buy3, get 1 free' paper promotion) but I didn't have to fussy-cut her; one of the framelits in the Birthday Friends Framelits set fits her shape perfectly. I simply lined them up on the big Shot, ran them through and voila - one little girl, complete with cupcake, and not a paper snip in sight!

A Co-ordinated Background - I wanted to add some detail to my background without detracting from my sentiment or sweet little girl, so decided to continue the 'cake' theme with some tone-on-tone stamping in Blushing Bride using the cupcake in the 'Sweet Cupcake' stamp set to create a subtle background wallpaper.

From My Kitchen - I think the little girl has a slightly mischievious look about her and certainly looks like she is peeking around the side of something. I decided to make a feature of the sentiment and this one from the 'Label Me Pretty' stamp set is the perfect fit.

All in all a sweet card - all I need now is a home-baked cupcake to go with it!

So tomorrow it will be back to Christmas with my card for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players, however in the meantime I would really like to hear your thoughts: I'm mindful that I have been sharing a lot of Christmas projects lately as it is often what I'm making at this time of year, but as my readers how do you feel about this? Are you happy to get as much Christmas inspiration as possible, or would you prefer a mix of projects? Do leave me a comment below - I'd really love to hear your thoughts on this.

Until tomorrow - happy stampin'!

Jo Stubbings
Jo StubbingsAustralia
10/28/2017 11:24:31 PM #

What a delightful card! I love the subtles cupcake background and the cute little die-cut girl! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Add Ink!

Patrice
PatriceUnited Kingdom
10/28/2017 11:44:40 PM #

Gorgeous, Joanne. I absolutely love your tip to use the little girl image from the dsp, & no need to fussy cut either. Win win! Great background stamping - thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Hope you slip back into the school routine again easily Smile

Jan M
Jan MAustralia
10/29/2017 8:33:15 AM #

This is gorgeous Joanne! I love how your card is “cake shaped”as well as the soft subtle stamping and your sweet girl holding her cupcake. So adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

10/30/2017 12:30:30 PM #

This card is as sweet as a cupcake!  I have to admit, I love all these little images, but haven't used this paper AT ALL!!  I will have to remedy that, it's too cute to hoard!

Kim Badelt
Kim BadeltAustralia
11/1/2017 9:46:49 AM #

Such a cute card Joanne! I love the subtle almost watermark effect of the cupcakes in the background. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chloe Evans
Chloe EvansAustralia
11/1/2017 8:40:18 PM #

This is such a gorgeous card Joanne. The colours all work so well together and I really do love the idea of using the cupcake stamp as a background. Brilliant!! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink, Chlo x

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: