Kind Koala Says Goodbye!

by Joanne James28. April 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

I decided that the Smoky Slate of today's colour combo was perfect for a card using one of my favourite single stamps in the annual catalogue, Kind Koala, that is retiring at the end of May:

Kind Koala - This cute koala image is a great single stamp - image and sentiment all in one, with a flower that can be dressed up in so many ways. I coloured my koala in Smoky Slate and shaded in some Night of Navy on the word 'you'. For the flower, I stamped it again on Calypso Coral cardstock, fussy cut it out and paper-pieced it onto my card, adding a tiny Very Vanilla punched flower from my scraps box and finished with a navy candy dot.

A Border of Stripes - Do you recognise my patterned paper? It's one from my favourite Pretty Petal Designer Series Paper Stack. The Calypso Coral stripes were the perfect compliment to my Calypso Coral card base and koala image, which I stamped on Very Vanilla to tie in with the Very Vanilla stripes of the paper.

There's Always Room For A Bow - The clean and simple design and layout of today's card allows for a rather over-the-top double bow and button combo, to highlight more of the challenge colours. The Night of navy seam binding ribbon ties a beautiful bow - this card will definitely need a box rather than an envelope to keep it looking pristine though!

I'll be sorry to see this sweet little stamp retire - on the upside, there will be lots of great stamps to take its place!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack
  • Calypso Coral A4 Cardstock
  • Very Vanilla A4 Cardstock
  • Subtles Designer Buttons
  • Night Of Navy 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon
  • Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad
  • Many Marvelous Markers

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Stamping

Tracy May
Tracy MayUnited Kingdom
4/28/2016 2:42:37 PM #

I love this card Joanne - it's so cute and I love how you've used the colours down the side too! Smile

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
4/28/2016 6:21:01 PM #

What a super smart and cute way to use this weeks colors!  Your accessories are perfect, letting the koala be the star of the card!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
5/2/2016 2:22:15 AM #

What a clever border - the stripes and the bow are a perfect compliment for that cute koala!  Very sweet!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
5/2/2016 2:27:54 PM #

Clean and simple with all the attention being placed on the cute Koala bear!  Love the ribbon/button treatment on the edge.

Libby
LibbyUnited States
5/2/2016 5:21:14 PM #

Super sweet card Joanne! At first I didn't know what direction to go with using these colors myself. After seeing all these great ideas - I'm so inspired! Great choice with the koala for these colors!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert
Sharon Hashimoto BurkertUnited States
5/3/2016 4:51:02 PM #

I love everything about this card. The ribbon & button combo is just perfection.  I had to talk myself down from ordering that koala so I could replicate your card.  So adorable!

Jennifer Downey
Jennifer DowneyUnited States
5/4/2016 4:59:00 PM #

To quote a famous lady, "Practically perfect in every way." =)

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
5/4/2016 5:30:35 PM #

Such a sweet koala bear...sad to see him go!  Love the bow...so perfect looking!  Great job with the color challenge this week!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.