Arachnophobics Beware - Happy Haunting!

by Joanne James3. September 2015 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great sketch challenge for you:

SIP Color Challenge 12

I'm linking up with the talented peeps over at Stamps Ink Paper (I'm hoping they are going to allow Vanilla as my white!) and I decided to go with a Halloween theme today and as today's blog title suggests, if your arachnophobic you should look away now - there are lots of spiders! Here's my card:

This card is a total showcase of this fabby spiderweb patterned paper from the Happy Haunting designer series paper pack - like I said, not one for those that are not a fan of the creepy crawlies, but at least they are on paper and not in the bathtub!

I stamped s bunch of extra spiders from the Cheer All Year set and fussy cut them, before adhering beneath my sentiment banner. I like how they are mostly obscured, but look like they are crawling out from underneath! They took a while to cut out, but so worth it as they are quite realistic-looking I think. To add just a splash of colour to my rather monochromatic card, I stamped my sentiment in Rich Razzleberry onto a banner, having flagged the end with my hexagon punch. I added a fussy-cut bat also from the Cheer All Year set which I allowed to overhang my card and finished him with one of the lovely new Iced Rhinestone embellishments, the centre of which I coloured with a purple Sharpie to add another spot of colour.

I hope you like today's card. Do visit the other Design Team members to see how they used this week's challenge sketch; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day; my Juniors are at Granny's house today, so you can be sure my day will be a jam-packed one, full of chores and errands. You know what they say - no rest for the wicked! Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper
  • Cheer All Year Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Iced Rhinestone Embellishments
  • Very Vanilla A4 Cardstock
  • Basic Black A4 Cardstock
  • Rich Razzlebberry Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Hexagon Punch

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Stamping

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
9/3/2015 12:07:00 PM #

This is such a GREAT Halloween card!  And yep...I thought of doing spiders, too, until I saw your card!  I love how you have yours just peeking out under the greeting!  Great job with the sketch this week!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
9/3/2015 2:33:06 PM #

Ooooh, this is so spooky!  You really put a lot of work into this by fussy cutting all those spiders!  Wow!  I love the purple rhinestone accent too!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
9/4/2015 3:12:49 AM #

You're right - that is a lot of spiders! Very impressive fussy cutting I might add. That bat is the star of the card though, especially with the sparkly purple rhinestone. Super cute card!

Tina Riddle
Tina RiddleUnited States
9/4/2015 1:25:16 PM #

Joanne,  I absolutely adore your card.  Your pop of color with the purple is spot on!  Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our color challenge this week!

Carolyn Lindenmayer
Carolyn LindenmayerAustralia
9/5/2015 11:12:18 AM #

Hi Joanne, I do not make Halloween cards myself being in Australia, but I do find yours adorable and that purple on the bat is just the ticket.  Thanks so much for joining in our colour challenge this week at Stamp Ink Paper.  Carolyn xx

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
9/6/2015 2:42:29 AM #

So creepy and fun for Halloween!  Love the pop of color on the rhinestone!  Great use of the sketch!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
9/7/2015 4:42:17 AM #

Ooh, so creepy-crawly!!!  Not a lover of spiders, especially the real variety, lol!  You've surely pulled together some spooky critters here for your fun Halloween card!  I would never have thought of spiders for the horizontal elements but they work great!  Love that purple-colored embellishment.. perfect finish!!

Penny Hanuszak
Penny HanuszakCanada
9/9/2015 7:43:38 AM #

Such a fab Halloween card Joanne.  The paper is just perfect for your little spider's.  That was an amazing amount of fussy cutting, but just adds to the card.  As does that punch of purple on the bat! TFS

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
9/11/2015 1:44:52 AM #

Love your card...hate spiders!  The only good spider is a dead one...or a paper one!  Love the way they are creeping out from under the sentiment just like spiders do!  Sorry I am late with my comment.  Family health issues.  Better late than never!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.