Zoo Babies Goes Wild!

by Joanne James15. July 2015 22:15

A quick card today just in time for this week's sketch over at TGIF Challenge and also using the fun challenge over at Can You Case It? this week where you have to use black, white and one other colour:

CYCI#78

I really like this sketch and haven't used a tag on a card in ages and when I saw the CYCI challenge I thought this would give me a great opportunity to break open my new 'Go Wild' DSP stack - here's my card:

I used Melon Mambo as my feature colour for the mat to frame the amazing zebra print paper, for my die cut sentiment and a pop of colour with the circle, cotton ribbon and the hearts (courtesy of my owl punch) floating up from my stamped zebra from the 'Zoo Babies' set. I used the ornate tag topper punch for my tag, cutting twice and layering one white on black for emphasis. I designed this card as a modern 'new baby' card, and was going to finish my 'hello' with 'sweet baby' stamped inside, but this was vetoed by everyone else in my household, all of whom liked the card but did not consider it suitable to welcome a baby - so a funky hello card it is then!

Back tomorrow with a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary; until then, happy stampin'!

Laura Nolan
Laura NolanUnited States
7/16/2015 1:00:57 AM #

So cute! Thanks for playing with us @ Can You Case It!

Shannon Lane
Shannon LaneCanada
7/16/2015 4:19:37 AM #

This is SO fun!  Oh my, I just love it.  One of my favourite colour combos and such a fab theme.  Great job!  Thanks for playing along at TGIF this week!

7/16/2015 11:50:44 AM #

This is as cute as can be!  Perfect DSP for that little zebra.  In fact, I was going to use him on my card as well!  Great minds think alike!

Terri Takashige
Terri TakashigeUnited States
7/17/2015 5:43:43 AM #

Seriously cute card!  Thanks for joining us at canyoucaseit.com.

Elizabeth jeanne
Elizabeth jeanneUnited States
7/17/2015 3:39:23 PM #

I love the melon mambo! really makes this card pop with that cute little zebra! Thanks for joining us at CanYouCaseIt.com

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current April hostess code:

3XTNB243

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!