Up, Up and Away New Home Card

by Joanne James18. May 2015 11:03

I am starting this week with a quick post to share a card that I made with my ladies at one of my recent Stamp-A-Stack classes which was all about punch art and fits perfectly not only for the colours but also the inspiration photo over at The Color Throwdown this week:

I had been wanting to make an 'Up!' style card for a while and had seen lots of versions on Pinterest - here's my take with the card I made with my ladies:

Quite simple, but it needed to be as everyone was making a few each - Stamp-A-Stack is all about creating lots of cards in a - relatively! - short time.

The base is a piece of Soft Sky, onto which I adhered a few Whisper White clouds and stamped a few straight lines using the balloon string from the 'Celebrate Today' stamp set. We then stamped the house from the now retired Sale-A-Bration set in Memento Black onto Crumb Cake and punched it out with the retiring 'What's Up?' arrow punch and popped it on a dimensional at the base of the strings. The cluster of balloons is a carefully layered group of balloons made with the small oval punch and a foot from the Owl Builder punch. The sentiment is taken from the also retired winter seasonal set 'Holiday Home'. These bright primary colours are perfect for this card and so remind me of the scene where the house takes off in the Disney movie 'Up!'; I'm a big Disney fan and this movie holds special memories as it was the movie I watched with my daughter the first time we visited the cinema.

That's not quite all from me today - I have a second post which is my-fill in post from Saturday when I was at the Stampin' Up! UK Regional training event in Telford, so scroll back to read that one if you want to hear about the fun I had!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
5/18/2015 11:56:23 AM #

Really like this - almost worth moving to receive such a lovely card.

Maria Rodriguez
Maria RodriguezUnited States
5/18/2015 3:11:23 PM #

Oh, I loved that movie and you totally recreated the wonderful scene where this cute, little house is being lifted by all of this colorful balloons, how amazingly creative!!! Now, I want to watch the movie again, LOL!!
Thank you so much for sharing.

Monika Davis
Monika DavisUnited States
5/18/2015 3:39:15 PM #

Oh, yes... perfect card for the colors and the inspiration photo. Love the little house and those colorful balloons... the clouds look great too. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

5/19/2015 2:03:15 PM #

Adorable!  So cute & creative!

Sandy mathis
Sandy mathisUnited States
5/19/2015 10:50:01 PM #

Oh my gosh, how adorable is this? I love it, Joanne! I've already pinned it for future casing!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
5/23/2015 4:46:37 AM #

I absolutely LOVE This card, Joanne! That movie is one of my favorites and this card just brings a smile to my face. So sweet!

Buy 3 Get 1 Free on selected Designer Series Paper between 4th-30th September! Click here for more details.

Current September hostess code: