Hooray For Today What's My Type Goldfish Card

by Joanne James7. May 2015 08:05

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a fun colour challenge for you:

I spent a little while bemusing how I was going to use these colours together this week, but once I'd decided my card came together in record time. I decided to go with some super simple punch art this week - take a look:

I love the big, bold shapes in the 'What's Your Type' stamp set; not only are they great for creating patterns but they can also be used to create fun objects too. For today's card, I stamped the wavy lines from 'Work of Art' in Bermuda Bay - stamped three times, bottom to top without re-inking to give my water an ombre effect - and stamped my sentiment from the 'Geometrical' stamp set in Versamark and heat embossed it in gold. I then used my 2" Circle punch to cut two circles out of Tangelo Twist cardstock. One of them I cut in half and overlapped by a quarter to create the fish body. The second one I cut in half then stamped the semi-circle lined stamp from 'What's Your Type' stamp set in Versamark and heat embossed this in gold too and glued this to the body piece. I added a single gold sequin to my fish for his eye, then adhered this to my card with a dimensional for some lift. A few Bermuda bay sequins for air bubbles finished off my card. I think this would be a fun birthday card for a toddler - I know my children would have loved it in years gone by!

Do check out what the other CCMC designers have in store for you today - there's a great variety of inspiration to get you going with this colour palette - and we look forward to seeing your entries in the gallery this week!

I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• What's Your Type? Photopolymer Stamp Set

Cards | Punch Art | Stamping

~amy~
~amy~United States
5/7/2015 12:55:37 PM #

Super fun!

5/7/2015 2:34:02 PM #

Oh my gosh, this almost makes me want to get this set, just based on this card....absolutely adorable and oh, so clever!

Robin Messenheimer
Robin MessenheimerUnited States
5/7/2015 8:04:45 PM #

This is just TOO cute!  I can hardly wait to CASE it for a grandchild birthday!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
5/8/2015 11:31:29 AM #

This is adorable!!! How cute is that fish!! I love how you made the sequins into bubbles. So cool. Smile

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
5/8/2015 1:49:54 PM #

Super fun and very clever!  I love the sequins as bubbles!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
5/9/2015 6:59:57 PM #

Very clever use of shapes!  What a fun card!  Love how the fish looks like he is going to eat the sentiment right off the card.  Cute!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
5/10/2015 1:39:52 PM #

What a delightful card!  Great background, great punch art and great details!  Besides how cute he is, here is what I love about your fish...I don't have to get out every punch I own to create him!  Great card!

Hideko
HidekoUnited States
5/10/2015 6:20:40 PM #

This is such a fun card! I never thought of using the chevron stamp, circle punch and sequins this way. You're so creative!

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
5/12/2015 12:33:11 AM #

This card just screams CREATIVITY! Ug! Love everything! I think my favorite party is your ingenious sequin bubbles!

Buy 3 Get 1 Free on selected Designer Series Paper between 4th-30th September! Click here for more details.

Current September hostess code: