Wondrous Wreath for a Christmas Door

by Joanne James14. October 2014 08:00

DON'T FORGET: 10 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE FREE PACK OF PAPER FOR 6 MONTHS SIGN UP DEAL ENDS - CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE AND JOIN MY STAMPIN' UP! TEAM TODAY!

As promised, I have a Christmas card for you today! When I saw the colour palette over at Create with Connie and Mary this week I knew it was time to dust off my Wondrous Wreath set which hasn't seen much action of late and put it to good use:

Before we get onto today's card, I want to give a big shout out to the lovely ladies over at the Create With Connie and Mary Design Team - I was fortunate to be one of their top picks for my Mingle All The Way snowflake card last week and as always have pinned the winners badge to my Pinterest page with pride (click here if you would like to check my progress against all the challenges I enter!) They are an amazing bunch who often share amazing cards and projects and I highly recommend you check them out. So, on to my card! I thought these colours would be perfect for a Christmas Wreath on a nice Hardwood front door, so this is what I came up with:

I created my panelled door using a base of Baked Brown Sugar and then layered some pieces in the same colour stamped with the Hardwood stamp in Baked Brown Sugar ink, having stamped the edges to add some definition. For my wreath, I decided to stamp the same colour ink onto the cardstock for both my wreath and flowers to give a deeper and more intense finish and added a die cut ribbon and bow to hang it from the door. I finished my flowers with some tiny pearls to add a little interest and contrast. I decided to mount my wreath flat so that my card can be added to my 'post friendly' pile. However I am in something of a quandary; this is one of the few cards I've made with no sentiment on the front because I wanted to be able to see my door, and whilst I really like it, I keep looking at it and wondering if it needs a red and white sentiment banner across the bottom. What do you think? I'm still undecided - feel free to leave a comment below if you think it needs modifying!

Back tomorrow with my Design Team card for Colour Me...! and the new Wednesday Weekly Deals - until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
10/15/2014 1:44:12 AM #

What a wonderful simple Christmas card!  LOVE when you can do the extra 'touches' and still keep it simple!  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

10/15/2014 9:46:54 AM #

Thanks Mary - I was so tempted to use more layers here, but I really wanted something post-friendly. I think the pearls add a nice pop of detail to the flowers - still not sure about the lack of sentiment though!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
10/15/2014 2:54:20 AM #

Love the paneled door...looks so great with a wreath on that background!   Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

10/15/2014 9:47:41 AM #

Thanks Connie - this week's colours were perfect for my card! Love your challenges - you ladies are so creative.

Deb
DebUnited States
10/15/2014 5:04:27 AM #

Love how you created the door - right down to the mitered corners! Wow! Very impressive and very creative! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

10/15/2014 9:48:18 AM #

Thanks Deb - glad you like it. Loved your card this week!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
10/15/2014 1:29:04 PM #

Oh my. I love how you mitered the edges of your door! That is really creative and gives it a unique look. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

10/20/2014 11:09:09 PM #

Thanks Lisa - I thought the card needed the extra detail, so it was worth the effort.

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
10/15/2014 11:14:06 PM #

I understand your quandary about the greeting as too have made cards without one and wondered if I were really finished.  However your card has such great details in the door (woodgrain, vertical and horizontal boards, mitered corners) and the wreath that it really stands on its own without a sentiment.  It's beautiful, simple and Christmas!   Thanks for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

10/20/2014 11:08:37 PM #

Thanks Margaret - it's always good to get another person's perspective, especially when you're 'on the fence' about something. I really appreciate the feedback!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!