Celebrate The Season Endless Wishes CAS Christmas Card

by Joanne James16. September 2014 08:45

Apologies firstly for anyone who saw a partial post within the last 10 hours - my blog appears to have published one version of tomorrow's post whilst also saving a draft; not sure what's happened there, but as it wasn't complete anyway it won't have made much sense. Come back tomorrow to see the completed post, with card! I think the moral of the story is don't spend too much time late at night preparing blog posts.

Anyway - today I'm sharing a Christmas card that I made for this week's challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary, where we have been challenged to use the following colour palette:

Whilst today's card took less than 10 minutes to make, I could have made six in the time it took me to decide upon my final design! I started out with my 'All Is Calm' Christmas Designer Series Paper as I knew it featured these colours, but then was overwhelmed by all of the possibilities and options and couldn't decide where to start. Here's my finished card:

I eventually decided to use the paper you can see on the edge of this card; I had been unsure how I was going to use this pattern as I don't have any of the stamp sets that obviously co-ordinate with it and it's quite a bold pattern. Eventually I thought it would make the perfect background for my Endless Wishes stamp set - SOOO glad SU! put this in the catalogue this year for us Europeans to enjoy too! - so I bordered my Lost Lagoon base card with it, then adhered my stamped top panel using dimensionals after tying a loop of Old Olive baker's twine around it. I know this is a bit of a cheat to the colour palette, but there's so little of it in the twine it could be mistaken for Pear Pizzazz at a distance (or at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I love the simplicity of this card and think I will actually make a few more of these to add to my stock of Christmas cards. Back tomorrow with a double post for you: my usual Design Team card for Colour Me...! and a special post as the Guest Star Stamper over at The Color Throwdown as I was their Featured Stamper with this card last week! Oh, and not forgetting the new Wednesday Weekly Deals! Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Debbie Henderson
Debbie HendersonUnited States
9/16/2014 11:41:05 AM #

Love the clean look of your card. Great use of our challenge colors this week! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary with us this week!

9/21/2014 9:18:59 PM #

Thanks Debbie - glad you like it!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
9/16/2014 12:46:27 PM #

Oh, I LOVE your card!  I finally purchased Endless Wishes and now can't wait to ink it up!  Looks great paired with All is Calm!  (I used Old Olive Twine on my DT card...like you said...so close to Pear Pizzazz no one would know!)  lol!  Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

9/21/2014 9:20:43 PM #

Thanks Connie - I was so envious when you ladies had Endless Wishes as a special photopolymer set in the USA last Christmas, I was delighted to see it in this year's seasonal catalogue and it was at the top of my list! So great for quick and CAS cards!

Wendie Waldman
Wendie WaldmanUnited States
9/16/2014 3:04:14 PM #

Beautiful

9/21/2014 9:20:59 PM #

Thanks Wendie!

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
9/17/2014 3:28:01 AM #

This is truly the most perfect CAS Christmas card...LOVE it!  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

9/21/2014 9:21:56 PM #

Thanks Mary - you are too kind!

Deb
DebUnited States
9/17/2014 3:53:01 AM #

This is just lovely! A perfect clean and simple card! Love the dsp and the baker's twine! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

9/21/2014 9:22:44 PM #

Thanks Deb - like you, I am becoming a fan of the clean and simple card!

melissa davies
melissa daviesUnited States
9/17/2014 10:54:52 AM #

I never realized how the DSP and stamp set compliment each other - great card for a stamp-a-stack! Thanks for joining us in the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

9/21/2014 9:23:33 PM #

Thanks Melissa - it was a happy discovery to find the stamp and DSP worked well together!

Nicole Tugrul
Nicole TugrulUnited States
9/17/2014 3:35:47 PM #

Gorgeous crisp and clean snowflake card!  Just a perfect combination for these colors.   Thanks so much for joining the color challenge with us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

9/21/2014 9:23:58 PM #

Thanks Nicole - glad you like it!

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
9/19/2014 1:33:30 AM #

Oooh I love this, Joanne! So pretty! Colors are awesome! Pinning this right now.

9/21/2014 9:24:22 PM #

Thanks Sandy - pin away, my friend Smile

TaraS
TaraSUnited States
10/28/2014 5:46:10 PM #

What is the size of the finshed card?

10/28/2014 8:41:23 PM #

Hi Tara - the finished size is A6 - 10.5cm x 14.8cm in metric (or 5.83 x 4.13 inches).

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!