Traveler Happy Birthday Trio for Pals Paper Arts

by Joanne James17. June 2014 10:25

Today's card is for this week's Pals Paper Arts challenge, where Team 2 have chosen a rather patriotic colour palette this week, with one last opportunity to use Midnight Muse before it retires at the end of the month:

I decided these colours would make a perfect masculine card and so have another sneak peek using the Traveler stamp set, coming in the new 2014 annual catalogue. Here is my card:

I stamped three of the stamps in the set - the ocean liner, the globe and the steam train - in Midnight Muse, then cropped these images and mounted them on individual mats in the same colour, followed by a larger Real Red and Midnight Muse panel. This is then overlaid on a crossways panel finished with some Real Red candy dots and lastly a sentiment stamped in Midnight Muse with one of the Itty Bitty Banners stamps and cut out with the co-ordinating framelit. I even gave the inside some star treatment with a steam train - I don't do this often enough, and even when I do I often forget to share with you:

I really like this set, having used it so much already. Despite its 'vintage' look, it lends itself to a more modern finish too. I'm also linking my card up to Addicted to CAS where the theme this week is 'transport'. Back tomorrow with the Wednesday Deals and another card. Until then, I'm off to prepare for a private class tomorrow, get on with some admin and then hopefully squeeze in a make or two as well - happy stampin'!

*Traveler Stamp Set - available 1st July 2014.

Mike
MikeUnited States
6/17/2014 1:43:36 PM #

Nice composition!  Love the use of the partial images!

6/19/2014 11:47:26 AM #

Thanks Mike - a good way to get a little of everything, or at leat 3 of the stamps in this set!

Kylie
KylieAustralia
6/18/2014 11:37:20 AM #

Those stamps are wonderful and perfect for our challenge. Love the colours too! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

6/19/2014 11:48:21 AM #

Thank you Kylie - so glad you like my traditional masculine transport card!

Michelle Lupton
Michelle LuptonAustralia
6/19/2014 3:07:14 AM #

Awesome CAS masculine card! Thanks so much for joining in with our Transport challenge at ATCAS Smile

6/19/2014 11:48:44 AM #

Thanks Michelle - a great challenge this week!

Deb
DebUnited States
8/2/2014 5:32:03 PM #

Very nice card, can you share the detentions, for some reason I'm struggling!  Thanks so much

8/10/2014 10:48:12 AM #

Hi Deb - I might have inadvertently led you astray on this one - having gone back to measure the original, I didn't use a 1" square punch at all! Apologies - accurate dimensions are as follows:
Horizontal navy panel: 4.4cm x 9.5cm
Vertical navy panel: 5cm x 12.6cm
Red vertical panel: 4.4cm x 12cm
Navy squares: 3.5cm x 3.5cm (1 3/8" punch)
Stamped images: 3.2cm x 3.2cm (1 1/4" punch)
Hope this helps! Joanne xx

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.