One Layer Thank You

by Joanne James14. May 2014 21:40

I've had a busy couple of days preparing swaps and finishing my preparations for the Stampin' Up! event at Telford on Saturday and I've still got more to do! Today I'm sharing my card for this week's challenge over at Less is More, where Chrissie and the team are looking for one layer thank you cards. I decided to try something something a little different, using my retired but never-to-be parted with Expressions Thinlits. Here is my card:

I decided to make a thank you card that would be suitable for a male, or at the very least gender neutral - so I went for a nice bright blue. Now I know the eagle-eyed amongst you are thinking - but the framelit says 'thankful', right? Well that's true - as I only wanted the 'thank' part, I positioned it over the edge of the card and cut it to the edge so that it looks as if the writing is going off the edge of the card. I adhered the cut-out pieces from the middle of the word to the inside of the card, to maintain the definition of the lettering - you can see it more clearly on the photo below:

To finish my sentiment, I inked up the 'you' from the 'thank you' sentiment in the 'Simply Celebrate' set and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. A clean and simple thank you card that's just a little bit different! I'm also linking my card up to 'Addicted to CAS', where the current challenge is appropriately 'off the edge'. Right, I'm off to get my nails done!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
5/15/2014 11:31:17 PM #

Wow! What a fantabulous idea Joanne. Love, love, love this funky one layer style.
Thanks for taking part.
Sarah
Less is More

5/16/2014 6:09:29 PM #

Thank you Sarah - I find the CAS style a real challenge, so playing along with LIM is great practice for me!

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
5/15/2014 11:34:49 PM #

This is a clever idea... it looks super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

5/16/2014 6:10:30 PM #

Thanks Chrissie - so nice when I manage to achieve something CAS - love the LIM challenge!

vicki dutcher
vicki dutcherUnited States
5/16/2014 2:41:22 AM #

Super fun card! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

5/16/2014 6:11:07 PM #

Thanks Vicki - the DT cards at ATCAS were just great!

Deepti Malik
Deepti MalikUnited States
5/16/2014 4:50:52 PM #

The thank you going off the edge looks cool Smile Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!!

5/16/2014 6:11:46 PM #

Thanks Deepti - I love it when an idea in my head translates straight to the paper, although it was quite tricky to photograph!

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
5/18/2014 4:50:56 PM #

Sorry to be so late commenting, clever use of your die!
Thanks for joining us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More Designer

5/18/2014 6:59:08 PM #

Thanks Anne - a fun take on the one layer idea, I think!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!