CAS Washi Tape Butterfly

by Joanne James25. April 2014 09:45

Well, I don't know where yesterday went! I was so busy I didn't even manage a blog post; I had my card all ready and just didn't get it photographed. So in the interests of all things quick, here is the card that I had intended to blog yesterday - my second attempt at a CAS washi tape card for Nance's challenge over at The Paper Players this week:

I have now replaced the earlier photograph with one of a better quality! this kind of card is so quick to create: my card is a simple white background with a Night of Navy mat for my image. I then took a rectangle of Whisper White and covered it in diagonal strips of co-ordinating Gingham Garden washi tape. As with my washi tape card earlier this week, you can use the washi tape directly onto coloured card for a diferent effect, but I wanted the colours to remain true here, so needed a white background. I then adhered this to the mat and lastly popped a Melon Mambo rectangle on with dimensionals, having first cut out a butterfly shape using my butterfly die. You could just leave it there, however I decided to add a little 'hello' greeting and a candy dot flower cut from one of my pieces of card scrap just to complete my card.

A quick card for a quick post! Everything is about speed today; I'm off to the hairdressers shortly and have a hundred and one jobs to do before I collect the James Juniors from school today for the weekend. I've already ticked a few off my list though this morning, so am making good progress!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Dotty Jo
Dotty JoUnited Kingdom
4/25/2014 10:52:40 AM #

Lovely way to use Washi tape Joanne, so pretty! Jo x

4/25/2014 7:58:48 PM #

Thanks Jo - I don't use it often but it can be great for quick cards!

Nance Lempinen-Leedy
Nance Lempinen-LeedyUnited States
4/25/2014 12:30:11 PM #

Joanne, this is adorable!  Love the washi tape in the negative space and the little candy dot flower is the perfect accent.  Simple and sweet, love it!  Thank you for joining the washi fun at The Paper Players!

4/25/2014 7:59:59 PM #

Thank you Nance - your challenge this week made me reach into my drawer for some very under-used washi tape and got me thinking about using it in lots of ways, so thanks!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
4/25/2014 7:55:31 PM #

love the washi tape layered under the cut out butterfly.  The little flower is the perfect finishing touch.  SO glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

4/25/2014 8:00:46 PM #

Thanks Jaydee - you girls come up with some great challenge ideas and such fab inspiration!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!